you can fiberglass the box to to add a lil strenght id assume.

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang V6

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

Sub: 2 10 inch custom subs

Amp: Hifonics BRz 2600

Wire: Knu 0 gauge

Headunit: Kenwood kiv-bt901

Damplifier: Fatmat Rattletrap

Electrical: Stock Alt/Stock Battery/Big 3

I can't disclose which subs due to them not being out yet. But I can tell you I'm doing 2 18's in a 4th order on 2 ab 450.1's in my Tiburon

and on team DC....

:peepwall: gotta see this.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

wood is GARBAGE

Its everyday plywood with a lot of voids (knots) that are not filled with a top and bottom veneer of birch sandwiching the plywood.

Just because you dont see any voids on the exterior edges of the wood also does not mean that the sheet of wood is void free because once you cut into it there could be a lot of voids that are unseen until the cut, or you may get lucky and miss the voids and like I said if your lucky enough to do so, still dont mean its a good void free piece of wood.

Its lighter then mdf, but at the cost of it being lighter weight your sacrificing it not being anything near as dense or strong as mdf.

To put it simple, unless your using legit baltic birch, or anything with a full core (not plywood) its not worth using IMO.

You can also find Birch with a MDF core at Menards and then the top and bottom layer or veneer of the wood is birch, its a bit better, but unless your going for "looks" your still better off with mdf due to the price comparison, because its still pretty heavy wood.

Ive used a lot of quality birch before, and just bought this crappy "classic" birch made by Tigarply and I done a lot of cussing to say the least.....

The good baltic birch stocked at most Menards, but is now special order at my local store :(

2011-06-01155101.jpg

0bfe7bd5.jpg

this cheap wood just really pisses me off! lol

@ 2:18 you can see the quality of this cheap wood.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga2yvdei1dw

Edited by Audiofanaticz

Thankyou! Guess that settles that. I saw the mdf core online. I'm driving tgere now to see what alp they have and hopefully get Baltic on order

TEAM DC

www.dcsoundlab.com

2003 Tiburon GT V6 6 Speed

Ported Clam

6 12" DC Audio XL M2's

2 American Bass 1100.1

1 American Bass 350.4

3 D3100, 1 D975, 3 D925

Second Skin Damp Pro and Spectrum.

About 75% done

153.6 Sealed on dash at 34hz

TDH.jpg

I went to Menards and the wood as stated above was garbage. So I went to Lowes and found 11 ply that they price matched at the same price. Granted it's not Baltic... It's a lot better than what the crap that was at Menards. I'm going to be fiberglassing and using steel supports throughout my build so that double layered (triple if I can get the air space) I think will be plenty strong. Thanks for all the input fellas! :drinks:

TEAM DC

www.dcsoundlab.com

Ported Clam

6 12" DC Audio XL M2's

2 American Bass 1100.1

1 American Bass 350.4

3 D3100, 1 D975, 3 D925

About 75% done

TDH.jpg

I can't disclose which subs due to them not being out yet. But I can tell you I'm doing 2 18's in a 4th order on 2 ab 450.1's in my Tiburon

and on team DC....

hahaha, me too :popcorn:

but really, as soon as i read that, i was thinking M2's. only question is, which level lol.

didnt even see he was on team DC, but yeah, now its just obvious.

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

and on team DC....

hahaha, me too :popcorn:

but really, as soon as i read that, i was thinking M2's. only question is, which level lol.

didnt even see he was on team DC, but yeah, now its just obvious.

:peepwall:

TEAM DC

www.dcsoundlab.com

Ported Clam

6 12" DC Audio XL M2's

2 American Bass 1100.1

1 American Bass 350.4

3 D3100, 1 D975, 3 D925

About 75% done