lots of electrical noobie ?'s!

So I would have no problem stressing my alternator by hooking up the trunk battery and leaving it?

subwoofers - two eclipse 88120s

box - 3.4 cubes tuned to 32 hz

amps - aq1200 and pheonix gold zx450

New build :

2 obsidian audio 15s

same amp

6.1 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz in a civic hatch

Just putting a second battery in your car will not stress your alternator much at all. When you start placing added demands on the electrical system (a system for example) and your alternator can't keep up is when you stress your alternator. The battery (or batteries) can help fill in where the alternator can't keep up, but then the alternator has to charge the batteries too. You can help reduce the amount the alternator has to work by keeping your batteries charged while you are parked, whenever possible.

So again, adding batteries won't really add much stress to your alternator unless you are discharging the batteries somehow and making the alternator charge them up.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Ok thanks man. I appreciate all the help. My voltage gets at a low of 13 when slowing down at red lights and stuff and slowly goes back up to 13.8 while stopped. So my voltage isn't crazy bad.

New build :

2 obsidian audio 15s

same amp

Oh a and don't forget to put a fuse as close to the + terminals of all your battery's as possible. Having only one fuse inbetween two battery's is useless. Hope that made sense!

While driving the lowest I think I've seen is 13.6 and that was at night. So now what battery should I get?

New build :

2 obsidian audio 15s

same amp

I'll try and draw you a diagram:

Front batterry---fuse-------------------fuse---rear battery

Basically your fusing the wire to prevent fires. So if you have more than one battery and the wire inbetween the battery's shorts on the frame or something the one fuse will blow but the other battery isn't fused so it shorts, the wire heats up and eventually catches fire. And you want to have the least amount of wire between the battery and fuse as possible so there is less wire to short out on something.

So basically you want a fuse for every + wire that comes off of any battery and use the shortest amount of wire between the battery and fuse as possible. And always fuse to the wires rating.