Second Skin Audio

Where to fire subs and port or ports?

Anyone had experience with subs under the rear seat of an extended cab? My options will probably be subs up towards the bottom of the seat port forward or port to one side firing towards the door or ports out each side. Other options are subs forward and ports to one or both sides I don't think there would be room for subs and port forward anyone played with any of these options? If so what got the best results?

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

Subs forward port towards pass side were the best results i have ever gotten. Sometimes its tough to build it this way, but has always been worth it.

Those best results on the meter or overall sound quality in the truck? I'm not looking to compete at all I just want the best sound to the ear

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

Subs forward port towards pass side were the best results i have ever gotten. Sometimes its tough to build it this way, but has always been worth it.

Those best results on the meter or overall sound quality in the truck? I'm not looking to compete at all I just want the best sound to the ear

Loudest to ear, i never put them on the meter.most builds were just for daily.

Member of Team 808

Member of Team North East Spl

what subs?

I was always going to modify this box so there was a port in the center of the rear seat (cut a hole in it) pointing straight up but never got around to it and sold the truck.. still have the box though lol. It managed a pretty flat 140-142 on about 1600w RMS all sealed.

0810091958.jpg

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

I'll be using the same subs I'm running now, dc level 3 10s with level 4 soft parts I have 3 of them A while back I was thinking or getting one more but I won't have the room for that. 3 will be pushin it.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 would work fine sealed. Ported would be a bit small..

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

If I don't have the room to port them I might do the 3 sealed but 3 will be it I'm guessing I can get about 3.5 cubes under the backseat so would probably be just under 3 after port and sub displacement but this is just a pure guess based on the volume of my downfire box I have now + usable space gain from a glassed box formed to the floor and wider my downfire could be about 3-4" wider in each side

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

Loudest to ear, i never put them on the meter.most builds were just for daily.

Is that just loudest for the driver or passenger as well. I want it to be as even as possible throughout the truck. I know it won't sound as good sitting n the back, never does but I want the passenger to be able to enjoy it as much as me

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3