how do i disperse bass

the box is tuned at 30 Hz but my amp is only like 200 watts RMS. i can hear the bass by the walls but nothing in the middle of the room.

Welcome to room acoustics blum.gif

Here is a technique I found called bass crawling: Place the sub as close as possible to where your head will be - then crawl around on the floor and see where the bass is the loudest. Then put the sub in that spot, sit down, and enjoy.

the box is tuned at 30 Hz but my amp is only like 200 watts RMS. i can hear the bass by the walls but nothing in the middle of the room.

That is very interesting imo

Welcome to room acoustics blum.gif

Here is a technique I found called bass crawling: Place the sub as close as possible to where your head will be - then crawl around on the floor and see where the bass is the loudest. Then put the sub in that spot, sit down, and enjoy.

they are called standing waves btw. if you have a big enough room and a decent sub you can "see" them well. play a low note(on a freq generator) that is easy to hear 30-40 then walk around our room in a circle you find spots where it is the loudest like snowdrifter said and spots where you cant hear it much at all. almost like it isnt there. its fun stuff to play with. ive seen people do weird stuff to try and get around acoustics. i agree with SD you gotta play with it to find where you like it best.

on a side note i had my 18" not 2 feet from where i sit. and i never really fully enjoyed it. now its sitting across my room somewhat centered. i love it now. :shrug:

goodluck :drinks: