Second Skin Audio

first buget build just few quick questions

hey i know the car is craptactular.. but this is going to be my car for next 6 - 8 months >.< ( then a 2004 Holden vectra :) )

but its a daihatsu sirion 2001 ( maybe 2002 its out the front at the moment check some other time (: )

its only got a 1L engine o.o oh yeah nice and powerful 3 cylinder...

anyway

i need some bass.

this is my first car. and first time doing car audio.. except adding speakers and a new head unit ( no amp ect. )

1. what size sub(s) should i get? and amps.. i can get kenwood gear at cost price from my nan and pop. which illd pefer todo (:

but yeah dont need the boot.. i only use the backseats when i need to put stuff in their..

2. not 100% sure on size ( proably help to know? ) had a sealed 12" kicker in their ** home audio though, was chillin at home and just threw it in with 240v (: ** anyway that fitted in quite nice.. but Sealed or Ported? would be nice to have 2 x 10s? or so.

at the moment im just blabbering on.. but with around 1000 watts ( most likley less. but ill say 1k watts.. ) would i need a new alt?

need to swap out the battrey anyway but would i need 2?

my thoughts was anything i put in here can be swapped over to my next car when i get it? (:

where to start :/ ?

rant some more: as much as i want to wall this lil thing off and go from their. i carnt YET. maby some other build when i know some stuff about audio ect. and dont really need the car. if its still running.

but i know theirs some nice 10" and 12" kennys i can get for a pretty nice price. as well as some nice kenny amps (:

pretty sure he sells sony as well their pretty good yeah?

as for my buget? i pretty much have $300+ ( arfter board/food/drinks/savings ) to play with.. mostly goes to other things atm, but when i know what i want i normally save for it (: so rather keep it faily cheap but not crap? ha. has to sound good (: the main thing

so yeah... help on where to start. and if this is the wrong section sorry. i can move it (:

Well if you can get some kenwood stuff cheap id get some 12s. I'm not sure of the model number but I installed 2 of the 12s that are 400 rms each and was only putting half power and they got pretty loud for what it was and sounded very clean. And audiosavings.com has them for 50 each but if you can get cheaper do that.

subwoofers - two eclipse 88120s

box - 3.4 cubes tuned to 32 hz

amps - aq1200 and pheonix gold zx450

New build :

2 obsidian audio 15s

same amp

6.1 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz in a civic hatch

Well if you can get some kenwood stuff cheap id get some 12s. I'm not sure of the model number but I installed 2 of the 12s that are 400 rms each and was only putting half power and they got pretty loud for what it was and sounded very clean. And audiosavings.com has them for 50 each but if you can get cheaper do that.

I would not recommend kenwood subs =X Their amps are fantastic but their...subs are poorly built. But there are a few good models they make...I'm not trolling here.

For amp...get the Kenwood 1000watt A/B amplifier...lol. or another 1000watt D amplifier.

For that set up...you shouldn't have to upgrade your alternator...you may have to go out and buy a kinetic battery. (I spelled that wrong I know)

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Pm Me dude! I can give you a few ideas

hey i know the car is craptactular.. but this is going to be my car for next 6 - 8 months >.< ( then a 2004 Holden vectra :) )

but its a daihatsu sirion 2001 ( maybe 2002 its out the front at the moment check some other time (: )

its only got a 1L engine o.o oh yeah nice and powerful 3 cylinder...

anyway

i need some bass.

this is my first car. and first time doing car audio.. except adding speakers and a new head unit ( no amp ect. )

1. what size sub(s) should i get? and amps.. i can get kenwood gear at cost price from my nan and pop. which illd pefer todo (:

but yeah dont need the boot.. i only use the backseats when i need to put stuff in their..

2. not 100% sure on size ( proably help to know? ) had a sealed 12" kicker in their ** home audio though, was chillin at home and just threw it in with 240v (: ** anyway that fitted in quite nice.. but Sealed or Ported? would be nice to have 2 x 10s? or so.

at the moment im just blabbering on.. but with around 1000 watts ( most likley less. but ill say 1k watts.. ) would i need a new alt?

need to swap out the battrey anyway but would i need 2?

my thoughts was anything i put in here can be swapped over to my next car when i get it? (:

where to start :/ ?

rant some more: as much as i want to wall this lil thing off and go from their. i carnt YET. maby some other build when i know some stuff about audio ect. and dont really need the car. if its still running.

but i know theirs some nice 10" and 12" kennys i can get for a pretty nice price. as well as some nice kenny amps (:

pretty sure he sells sony as well their pretty good yeah?

as for my buget? i pretty much have $300+ ( arfter board/food/drinks/savings ) to play with.. mostly goes to other things atm, but when i know what i want i normally save for it (: so rather keep it faily cheap but not crap? ha. has to sound good (: the main thing

so yeah... help on where to start. and if this is the wrong section sorry. i can move it (:

BASSHEADS UNITE

Does your car already have a headunit?

You will also need fusing, power/ground wire, RCAs, wire terminals, etc.

I would try to find some used stuff if you are on a 300 dollar budget.

Edited by That1Kid

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

Does your car already have a headunit?

You will also need fusing, power/ground wire, RCAs, wire terminals, etc.

I would try to find some used stuff if you are on a 300 dollar budget.

nar its stock lol :(

but be a kenwood ( i guess? ) on the cheap proably for xmas ( hopfully? )

and yeah i know all the little bits in between are going to add up ;) always do.

what type of amp should i be looking at getting? not sure what he has up their.. but yeah (: any pefered type? or ? i dont know pretty much anything about amps lol.. :(

plan so far is to get the amp/head unit and then work out subs ( i know should proably get subs then work out amp? lol better idea todo that? :/ )

I am going to assume you are in Australia since you are talking about a Holden. Yay or nay? And if so, where in Ausi are you located?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?