batteries keep dieing

ok so i installed a system in a friends car and her battery keeps dieing. her old one was all corroded n stuff so she got a new one and it keeps dieing. all the grounds/power wires are all connected properly and in good spots. i have no idea where i went wrong never happened in the 20+ installs ive done for friends.

cd player - crappy vr3

amps - jl 500/1

subs - 2 12" jlw0

idk what ohm the subs r or how they r wired because they r wired inside of the box into 1 terminal.

Edited by HotRodHam

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

Where did you hook your remote wire?

x2^^^ and is her Alternator going bad. or something is staying on and draining them

Edited by DK99

Hi SMD Members If anybody has computer problems and is an SMD member with at least 150 posts I will fix your problems for free by phone support or I can also fix your computer over the internet.... I have references such as All State insurance, Nationwide Insurance and much more... just p.m me for help.. I am not the greatest with when it comes to audio systems so I figured I could contribute to the forum this way.... Thanks David

Sounds like somethings draining the battery.You may want to check all your remote wires and make sure that its connected to the proper wire.By the way what type of car is it and where did you connect the remote wire?

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

how many amps is the stock alt?:

what amp/amps is she running?:

have you done the big 3?:

if you could check the remote wire and make sure its not constantly on cause it could cause problems

Edited by deathcards

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Sounds like somethings draining the battery.You may want to check all your remote wires and make sure that its connected to the proper wire.By the way what type of car is it and where did you connect the remote wire?

connected the remote to the back of the cd player in a 00 or 02 altima i cant remember. the cd player has been in it for like 3 years.

how many amps is the stock alt?:

what amp/amps is she running?:

have you done the big 3?:

if you could check the remote wire and make sure its not constantly on cause it could cause problems

idk enough to run 500 rms

and i put the system in my first post

Edited by HotRodHam

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

check all power/ground connections at the battery and alternator, check remote wire, then if nothing is found, you might want to get the alternator load tested to make sure its properly charging the battery.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

just thought of something... the wire harness that plugs into the cars stock harness has a remote wire coming out of it but the cd player doesnt have a remote wire coming out of it could that be part of the problem maybe?

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

just thought of something... the wire harness that plugs into the cars stock harness has a remote wire coming out of it but the cd player doesnt have a remote wire coming out of it could that be part of the problem maybe?

test it....if you can turn the car off and take the key out and that wire still gets voltage, its constantly telling the amp to stay on, draining the battery....

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco