Second Skin Audio

a Few Questions

My first question is that, I'm making a Box for a DC level 3 15" I'm buying from a guy that's local to me.

I got these specs all out and then did a quick sketch of it in Google Sketchup. How does it look for Sub up port back since it'll be in the trunk of my 98 Buick Century. I wanted to make sure i had these right before i started it up.

DClevel3PortBackSubUp-1.jpg

DClevel3Box.jpg

Box Material Questions:

1) How would Titebond 2 Be for building the box and then sealing the corners of the box and stuff? My dad has Gallon's of it and i was wondering how well it would be.

2) how long/ What kind of Screws would i use to screw through the MDF or should i just leave the it alone with lots of glue?

3) What are alternatives to Covering the box?

4) If I were to use the Titebond on the interior "seams" of the box and then wanted to Put something else over the rest of the MDF what could i put?

Inch and half screws, titebond will work great, and use rhino line from walmart looks great and its cheap!

03' NISSAN XTERRA

(1) AQ3500d

(1) AQ4x90

(1) Audio Control Line Driver

(4) DC LVL 4 15's

Cresendo Mids and Highs

100' of 0/guage

Big Three

Mechman 270a Charging @ 16.5v

(6) XS D1400's

Highest Termlab Score 149.9 at the kick & 166.1 in the Port/ on stock electrical and 1 DC XL M1

Updated JUNE 2012*****MY BUILD LOG

USACI REGION 6 POINTS LEADER 2011

USACI KANSAS RECORD HOLDER 2011

Team DC

dcletterhead.jpg

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

I used the Rustoleum Texture paint with Rustoleum 2X cover gray primer.

IMG_2468.jpg

IMG_2485.jpg

The lid of the paint made it seem like it would come out less gray and more black but I liked it anyways so I left it. The primer didn't show through at all. That's just the color. I got some button head screws and screwed them 1/4" into a strip of waste wood and painted the heads flat black for the port screws.

The lid of the paint made it seem like it would come out less gray and more black but I liked it anyways so I left it. The primer didn't show through at all. That's just the color. I got some button head screws and screwed them 1/4" into a strip of waste wood and painted the heads flat black for the port screws.

I like that color a lot and i saw a store that my friend works at carries that brand. Do you Put two layers of Primer on then apply the paint?

box is a little on the small side maybe shoot for closer to 3 cubes net (after all displacements) and maybe a touch more port area per cube maybe around 14-16

ninja'd by a minute.. <_< LOL

Edited by aqsubowner1990

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4