Sonic Electronix

What sub will do the best on 4k daily..??

lol well if it wasn't in a scion tc i would do 4 subs.... But im doing the Crossfire xs v2 15'' I ordered it today.. It will do totally fine in the box with the power i will have going to it. I expect 145 or so dbs at 32hz.. Cant wait to get it all built.

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 XS Power D3400 (under hood)

1 Addictive Audio 500.1 :D

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Kenwood excelon x494 Head unit

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

(New Best official db score= 151.2 @ 36hz)

lol well if it wasn't in a scion tc i would do 4 subs.... But im doing the Crossfire xs v2 15'' I ordered it today.. It will do totally fine in the box with the power i will have going to it. I expect 145 or so dbs at 32hz.. Cant wait to get it all built.

Assuming that's the 4" VC sub then you should be fine. box rise will also play into it, but again a single sub trying to play low for long periods on lots of power can lead to trouble.

If you start smelling VC then back off a bit and you should be fine...

I have the HDC4's and they'll play down to 29Hz no problem as that's the lowest crap I play :peepwall:

I have my Warden 12" on my Sundown 4500D at 0.5 ohm, it loves it (:

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 v6

2 sundown audio prototype nsv4 15s

crossfire 4k wired to 0.4 ohm

15 banks of maxwell 3.0 caps @ 18v

triple alts (x2 us alt 250's, x1 singer 320)

153 at 23hz

See that is the stuff I like to hear :) And yes to all the other guys out there that say just cause your doing it doesn't mean i can... Well I'm very very used to way overpowering a sub. I just wanted a sub that mechanically could take the power and i have found one in the crossfire. I wish i had the extra $$$ i woulda bought the warden i was looking into that hard too! :drinks:

I personally dont like the AQ stuff. I've heard setups around here as that is a pretty popular comp brand in KCMO and they just sound dirty compared to my old rockford setup and my xl setup. I'm not going for numbers in the 40's im going for numbers in the low-mid 30s... Thanks for all the input and discussion it helps a bunch and makes me realize it is possible.. Will be posting build log of box and vids of this setup!

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

See that is the stuff I like to hear :) And yes to all the other guys out there that say just cause your doing it doesn't mean i can... Well I'm very very used to way overpowering a sub. I just wanted a sub that mechanically could take the power and i have found one in the crossfire. I wish i had the extra $$$ i woulda bought the warden i was looking into that hard too! :drinks:

I personally dont like the AQ stuff. I've heard setups around here as that is a pretty popular comp brand in KCMO and they just sound dirty compared to my old rockford setup and my xl setup. I'm not going for numbers in the 40's im going for numbers in the low-mid 30s... Thanks for all the input and discussion it helps a bunch and makes me realize it is possible.. Will be posting build log of box and vids of this setup!

My experience has been the opposite with AQ subs, they have a tight/punchy sound and most other subs seem boomy/bottom heavy to me.

If the Crossfire doesn't do what you want save up for a Warden :drink40:

crossfore xs v2 has my vote.. buddy has 1 on 2 sundown 3000ds for the last 5 months with NO issues

conservative gain set to around 4k ish clean power

yea im not gonna try to get every ounce of power i can outta my amp lol. I'd rather make sure its totally clean and doing good all day :) I just found a dude on youtube that has 2 15" xs v2s on a soundstream xxx10k.. EACH at .5 ohms lol.... He reconed them when he did it and the coils were still perfect on them... They were over a year old! So I think im in good hands :peepwall:

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

Archived