VIPER 5902 remote start problem

little background on my car. sometimes it starts right up ..sometimes it lags about half a second to 3/4 of a second more. so my remote start only works when the car is already somewhat warm. if i leave the car sitting for a certain period of time it will fail to start. i had this installed and to be honest. i am in no way impressed by the installers. but did it through them for the lifetime warranty. so my problem seems to be that the alarm doesnt crank long enough for my car to actually remote start...anyway to make this longer? or for the alarm to recognize to keep cranking until the car is ACTUALLY on....also i would take it back to them. but i WILL be there all day and end up fixing it myself like last time with the damn shock sensor. thanks in advance guys

P.S my alarm is a viper 5902 and my car a 92 lexus ls400 thanks

yes, you can program it to crank longer. Its nothing wrong with the install or installers.

I cant remember but I think that is an option that needs to be changed via the bitwriter tool, which means your installers would have to change it. Its a matter of plugging a small data cable into your alarm/remote start brain and going thru the menu.

If they are any sort of a Directed dealer (Python, Viper, Clifford, Avital, and many more) they should have this tool, if they dont Id find a more legit shop to do business with.

Also if your car has such a hard time starting when its cold, Id really look into a tune-up. Plugs, wires, coilpack (if it has a coil) otherwise dist cap and rotor, Id also think it be smart to do some sort of fuel injection cleaner thru it.

This could also be an issue with the tach wire. I know allot of installers that use whats called current sensing to tell the RS when the car is started. in the cold and when the car dosent allways start right up current sensing is not the ideal method. Check with the installers to make sure they utilized the actual Tach hook-up for the RS.

Edited by Q-Bert

2006 Chevy Cobalt SS

Headunit: Eclipse 8445 (sold)

Highs Amp: Eclipse 3620 (sold)

Sub Amp: Eclipse 3122 (sold)

Front stage: Memphis M class6.5 components (2007)

Sub: 1 Memphis M class 12" (sold)

SPL TermLab 130.7 (windshield) (selling)

Car Audio & Alarm installer for 16 years.

Pray for my daughter Katrina please!

i had a tune up done about a year ago. dont exactly know how long between them. but ok they are a DEI direct dealer. thats why i chose them. but the little things i pointed out to them are way far from professional maybe im just real picky but i like my stuff done the right way ALL THE TIME. i put alot of effort into my work and i expect others to do the same. i will def go into the shop and have them do that. then was just wondering if it was something i could do from home. thanks

mine does the same thing, try reprogramming the tach wire, hold down the valet switch wile the car is on(within the first 5 seconds you start the car) let the led turn a solid color, then turn the car off, do you have a bypass? rather, whats the make model year?

second idea to find out what the problem is....if you leave the key in the car does it remote start fine after sitting for a few hours? if its that then its the bypass

Edited by Freshman6969

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

any notes you took are really not helpful except knowing that pink wire is attached to orange wire, unless you physically went thru and tested every wire the installers tapped into to know what they are, and then know which each wire on the brain is..

As for the shop being not being professional, I cant really comment on it, but like I said there is a option to change the cranking time, and its a quick simple fix.

I just logged onto direct techs and pulled up your usermanual and the install guide and didnt see any options you can try in the owners manual.

I also wouldnt go messing with it yourself, its warrantied so I would have them mess with it, not that they go and say you went and tinkered with it, and blame the reason its not starting on you even tho its not just to get out of warranting their work and make you pay.

If anything you could always check for other directed dealers in your area.

:drinks:

edit: I dont for see it being the tack wire since it starts fine when the car is warmer. It just takes older vehicles more then 2-3 cranks sometimes in the cold, and this would make sense.

Edited by Audiofanaticz

Also the tachometer wire is a black wire, located at either ignitor, The ignitor is located on the passenger side behind headlight and air flow meter in a black plastic box. set module to the four(4) cylinder setting since each ignitor runs 4 cylinders.

The wire on the viper 5902 brain would be in the H2 harness ( which has 18 pins/wires). The tachometer wire is the Violet/White wire in Pin number 9.

Here are the diagrams.

But I strongly suggust you leave it be so your warranty is not voided.

28ba3b92.jpg

:drinks:

Is there some sort of worksheet or labor sheet I can get along with a wiring diagram. Am sure that's what they use at the shop no? Im a visual learner i have to read things about 40 times over to understand fully. But when someone shows me i get it on spot

Edited by VIPmeetSPL

it either needs a longer crank time

changed from voltage sense to actual tach

or its a vehicle issue. if its not every time Id tend to lean to the vehicle being the issue and not he alarm. my old cavalier would do it every once in awihle.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.