well i was planning to run one BLT 18 in my explorer then i thought bout competing next year . i was wondering how hard would it be to build a ported wall in my explorer for 2 18's. i am going to used strap 2 mtx 8100d amps to each sub. what do u need to run that much power. i know i need a couple of yellow top battery and i high power alt and what else?

1991 Ford Explorer 1 Pioneer deh-p4000UB1 Memphis 16-st 20041 Pioneer Premier tsd720c

• 3 weeks later...

HO alternator(s)

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

well i was planning to run one BLT 18 in my explorer then i thought bout competing next year . i was wondering how hard would it be to build a ported wall in my explorer for 2 18's. i am going to used strap 2 mtx 8100d amps to each sub. what do u need to run that much power. i know i need a couple of yellow top battery and i high power alt and what else?

Shiiiiiiiiit, those 8100's aint gonna do anything for those Btls unless ur just getting standard Btls. If ur getting the upgrades then I would get 2- MTX 9200D which gives u 3k rms at just 12volts and around 3500rms at 14.4volts. U can catch em on ebay sometimes around $900....

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators