Ok I was looking into getting an AR for occasional shooting and a gun safe queen but the Germans charge you about $3k for a basic model AR and even once you purchase it you may not be able to keep it because it is considered a "weapon of war" So I started thinking of a cheap, fun to shoot alternative.. Ruger 10/22 I decided.

I was looking for a bull barrel gun and thought about how easy it will be to build my own gun to my specs. So I decided to build one in an Archangel stock kit with a Shooter's Ridge fluted bull barrel. It will still take a month or 2 to have it added to my German weapons card but once I find one I can start buying parts!

Anyone else have a custom plinker?

im working on one. Its an AR though lol

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Your AR will probably be cheaper than my 10/22. Dealer quoted $605 for the stainless target model with bull barrel. It will save me 200+ in the long run not having to buy and ship the barrel later.

605? ouch...seen for 375 here BNIB...but I like to buy the plain jane 199 10/22 and then add gooides as I see fit, with just a properly bedded stock, a free floated barrel, a decent optic and some decent ammo, my first 10/22 would shoot the centers out of quarters at 100yds with ease. great little rifles that are fun and piss cheap to shoot alot.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Your AR will probably be cheaper than my 10/22. Dealer quoted $605 for the stainless target model with bull barrel. It will save me 200+ in the long run not having to buy and ship the barrel later.

605? ouch...seen for 375 here BNIB...but I like to buy the plain jane 199 10/22 and then add gooides as I see fit, with just a properly bedded stock, a free floated barrel, a decent optic and some decent ammo, my first 10/22 would shoot the centers out of quarters at 100yds with ease. great little rifles that are fun and piss cheap to shoot alot.

Yep, ouch.. My Mom is actually looking for one cheaper in Florida for me. Once she finds it and buys it I can add it to my Weapons card here in Germany and then she can simply send it through the post office to me. :)

Since you want an AR.. Can you get a Smith & Wesson MP15 22? Its an AR15 that shoots a .22Long round? Would they consider that to be a "weapon of war"... I have on and its fun to shoot.

35k35nl.jpg

My dad shooting S&W AR15 22

Edited by Keith77

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Yep, ouch.. My Mom is actually looking for one cheaper in Florida for me. Once she finds it and buys it I can add it to my Weapons card here in Germany and then she can simply send it through the post office to me. :)

be very careful about this make sure when she does her paperwork on it she mentions its a GIFT for you. It could otherwise be called an attempted straw purchase. you dont want that.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Both of these are the hot ticket right now. One of my co-workers is doing BOTH. Going to buy an AR and a 10-22. -then customize the 10-22. The cool part about the Rugers is that they are one of the most easily customized rifles out there. You can really make it your own.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

be very careful about this make sure when she does her paperwork on it she mentions its a GIFT for you. It could otherwise be called an attempted straw purchase. you dont want that.

Yes, good to go on that. she can also list it as an inheritance. She still has 2 of my shotguns hostage at the moment as well. lol

Since you want an AR.. Can you get a Smith & Wesson MP15 22? Its an AR15 that shoots a .22Long round? Would they consider that to be a "weapon of war"... I have on and its fun to shoot.

35k35nl.jpg

My dad shooting S&W AR15 22

i like your thinking but all I need is a Archangel kit for the 10-22 and I have a SR22. :)(already have the plan;))