Ac compressor replaced, quick question

Ok as some of you may know my ac compressor locked up and my car wouldnt run.

Just replaced the compressor last night and now my car is running fine. My question is since its winter time and I don't need the a/c until spring am I ok to just drive the car without the system charged up? The compressor has oil in it and will be off all winter, and also the compressor has a pressure switch so in the event its accidentally turned on the compressor wont turn on without having pressure in the system. Will it be ok?

I'll be getting it vacuumed and charged in january when I have more money.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Yes, that's fine. If it didn't have oil, that'd be a different problem. But it'll be fine without refrigerant.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

I would unplug the compressor just as an extra safety measure. Then zip tie or tape the electrical harness away from the belt. That would suck to burn up a brand new compressor.

...and just so you know, most vehicles run the compressor when the heater is turned to defrost just to keep the refrigerant stirred up during the winter.

I would unplug the compressor just as an extra safety measure. Then zip tie or tape the electrical harness away from the belt. That would suck to burn up a brand new compressor.

...and just so you know, most vehicles run the compressor when the heater is turned to defrost just to keep the refrigerant stirred up during the winter.

Like i said it will not kick on right now even if i press the button due to the pressure switch. I also only use defrost with the floor vent mix setting because it doesnt make the a/c compressor kick on. Thanks for the reply :drinks:

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

charge the system. without refrigerant in the system if you have even one leaking seal it will let moisture into the system and it will be absorbed by the desicant in the accumulator/reciever drier (whichever your car has) and it will ruin said accumulator/reciever drier. adding roughly $30-50 onto the cost to get the a/c working again. don't leave the system empty. you can trust me i am MACS certified, if you want to check my certification number is 4113247.

Edited by crispy_chick3n

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc