Sonic Electronix

Well, my intentions with this thread is to construct a list of audio brands based on quality and price. There are many brands out there, and having a good list of brands with labels would hopefully help out with what suits peoples needs. With that said, here are some key pointers I think I should put out.

1. This is NOT meant to degrade any brands or companies in any way. We all know in you get what you pay for in the audio world.

2. All of this list will be made from personal experiences, and we all have different opinions. But in some cases, we all can agree certain brands easily out-perform others.

3. I will Photoshop all of the brands logos into small emblems to put beside each brand for easier identification.

4. This is SOLELY judged on GENERAL quality, and price. By general, I don't mean comparing two top-of-the-line amps or subs, and saying who is better. But on the other hand, they are "top-of-the-line" for a reason. 'This' is the general comparison we are going for.

5. Please no arguing in this thread. If you must justify with an individual on why one brand should not be categorized as this or that, please do it in a PM.

6. If this thread somehow manages to roll out of control, only then the brands be judged on only price.

7. I have listed some brands to start things off based on what I have heard of them. Every brand is subject to move to a different section later on.

8. There is no specific quality order. These are ordered alphabetically for each sub-category.

9. This is only for SUBS and AMPS to begin. Wires, alts, batteries, headunits might be possibly added later if this thread goes smoothly.

SUBWOOFERS

High Price | Outstanding Quality (These are the top-of-the-line woofers that slam.)

Ascendant Audio

DC Audio

Digital Designs

Fi Audio

Sundown Audio

TC Sounds

T3 Audio

Medium Price | Average Quality (Best "Bang for the Buck")

Alpine

Kicker

RE Audio

Obsidian Audio

SKAR Audio

Cheap Price | Low Quality (These are the bottom line woofers that serve for minimum output.)

Boss Audio

Lanzar

Pyle

Sony

AMPLIFIERS

High Price | Outstanding Quality (These are the top-of-the-line amps that push hard.)

American Bass VFL Series

DC Audio

Digital Designs

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

Medium Price | Average Quality (Best "Bang for the Buck")

Audiopipe

Audioque

Crescendo

DB Drive

Hifonics

Maxxsonics

MB Quart

SoundStream

Cheap Price | Low Quality (These are the bottom line amps that are generally way overrated.)

Boss Audio

Lanzar

Pyle

Sony

Now, there are many other brands out there! Please list away and which category you think they belong in. But PLEASE remember the rules. Everyone has different opinions, and this list won't be the "PERFECT" guide to go by. Just a generalization. It is NOT finished yet.

Edited by TLEJ

Audiopipe in the medium category (for amps).

EDIT: Also, MB Quart (since they've been bought out by maxxsonics).

EDIT2: And obviously, Sundown/DC/T3/TC sounds/DD in High price for woofers and amps, respectively. Also, soundstream might go in in high/average? I'm leaning more towards High price, average quality.

Edited by Cardboardcat15

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

MB Quart for amps? Subs? Both?

Sorry, forgot that. I haven't had experience with their woofers, but the amps are solid to my knowledge/use. Got a 125.4 and couldn't be happier.

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

Guess i Shoulda made it clear lol, TC sounds and T3 don't make amps, at least to my knowledge. Might wanna take them off amps.

AA/Fi for subs- high price and outstanding quality

Skar and obsidian audio subs- medium price

Rockford for amps- high price outstanding quality

Audioque, Maxxsonics (MB, Hifonics, etc) and Crescendo amps - Medium price

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

American bass VFL series for high price/outstanding quality amps

Power Acoustik for cheap quality on both subs and amps

Edited by SnowDrifter