2004 chevy traiblazer headunit install help

i was installing a headunit for my buddy and i cant get it to turn on. i think i need to find a new location for the acc wire and i was wondering if anyone knew where i could hook it up too? or how to take the steering column off to find the ignition? i plug the harness in the cd player turns on and makes a noise but there is no illumination on the head unit and it wont turn on.

head unit is sony cdx-gt360mp

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang V6

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

Sub: 2 10 inch custom subs

Amp: Hifonics BRz 2600

Wire: Knu 0 gauge

Headunit: Kenwood kiv-bt901

Damplifier: Fatmat Rattletrap

Electrical: Stock Alt/Stock Battery/Big 3

good luck, for mine i had to go through the ignition harness... which consists of taking off the upper/lower dash, taking off this metal thing, finding the right wire of the 100's that are there and splicing into it...

gmtnation.com or pm me if ya need more specific help santa.gif

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

pmed!!

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

could always run a wire from the fuse box in the rear under or under the hood the seat to the H.U ...make sure it turns off with the key...but ther are all kinds of wires in the dash that give 12v + if u cant get specs take a test light and find a hot wire ....i did a 04 trailblazer ls and didnt have this issue but yours may have different options

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator

daul runs of xs power xpflex 0 gauge

big 3

raptor 0 gauge power/ground wire full run

suriken 45 amp hour x3 shriken bt-120 batts,interstate 1100CA semi batt

scytek galaxy 2way alarm

still upgradeing!

yeah this one doesnt have bose or onstar and the kid doesnt want to spend 100 bucks on the harness so we got the cheap one...my car i spent the money...but his choice so i just needed some help. but thanks man!! ill check it out tomorrow when he comes back

just simply run a wire from the radio to the fuse box, theres fuse plugs at auto zone and other places that allow you to simply plug it in with out having to do much work, this took me less than 5 minutes and its nice and clean.

http://www.amazon.com/Littelfuse-FHA200BP-ATO-Add-A-Circuit-Kit/dp/B0002BGELQ

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

thanks for the help guys ill try it out tomorrow when he comes back :good:

The wire harness i bought had a fuse tap and a crimp on connector. What me and my dad did was take my DMM and ground the negative probe out on the frame of my truck then we touched each fuse in the fusebox under the rear driverside seat until we found one that had 0 voltage when the key was turned off. Then what we did was turn the key to on and see if the power would go to +12v. The one we branched off was the stock 10-15 (i dont remember what amp it is exactly) fuse that is intended for the AMP. I put the fuse tap on the one end of the fuse, ran 18ga remote wire from the accessory switch of my headunits harness to that fuse i just tapped and it worked just fine.

I own a envoy not a TB like you but they are the same thing, just different body panel styles. I ran my wire from the back of the radio down to the bottom of my dashboard, then along the floor where the plastic panels cover the gap and into the fusebox. I also fused the accessory wire to my radio with a 5 amp fuse just in case something goes wrong with it or if i want to prevent ppl from fucking with my radio when its in the shop but i have never had any problems with it and its been in my truck for almost 2 years now.

If you are curious why your radio wont turn on heres why. The model radio we have does not have an accessory power wire like older model radios did. The radio gets a signal through its data cable that communicates with the radio to tell it to turn on or off. Since your new aftermarket headunit does not have a data connection like the OEM radio it wont work like that. But thats the reasoning behind it if you were curious.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

The wire harness i bought had a fuse tap and a crimp on connector. What me and my dad did was take my DMM and ground the negative probe out on the frame of my truck then we touched each fuse in the fusebox under the rear driverside seat until we found one that had 0 voltage when the key was turned off. Then what we did was turn the key to on and see if the power would go to +12v. The one we branched off was the stock 10-15 (i dont remember what amp it is exactly) fuse that is intended for the AMP. I put the fuse tap on the one end of the fuse, ran 18ga remote wire from the accessory switch of my headunits harness to that fuse i just tapped and it worked just fine.

I own a envoy not a TB like you but they are the same thing, just different body panel styles. I ran my wire from the back of the radio down to the bottom of my dashboard, then along the floor where the plastic panels cover the gap and into the fusebox. I also fused the accessory wire to my radio with a 5 amp fuse just in case something goes wrong with it or if i want to prevent ppl from fucking with my radio when its in the shop but i have never had any problems with it and its been in my truck for almost 2 years now.

If you are curious why your radio wont turn on heres why. The model radio we have does not have an accessory power wire like older model radios did. The radio gets a signal through its data cable that communicates with the radio to tell it to turn on or off. Since your new aftermarket headunit does not have a data connection like the OEM radio it wont work like that. But thats the reasoning behind it if you were curious.

wow i just learned alot of things haha. appreciate it.

Archived