2004 chevy traiblazer headunit install help

you're welcome bro. Oh and since the aftermarket radio doesnt work off the same signal as the OEM one, your friend will not have the Retained Accessory Power (RAP) which keeps some accessories like the windows, radio, sunroof and a few other devices operational for 10 minutes or until a door is opened up. The other devices such as the windows will still have the RAP feature but the radio will not. I kinda liked the idea of having to turn my key to off to shut off the radio so i can be sure that my amps and everything are turned off when i remove the key.

Advance Automotive has fuse taps that are super easy to use however there are ones that will not fuse the circuit you just tapped into, instead they will only fuse the device in which you run off that tap. You would really like a fuse tap like this (http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=mini+atm+fuse+tap&hl=en&prmd=imvns&resnum=2&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&biw=1920&bih=955&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=14382597016609367573&sa=X&ei=O1H5TrzPG-br0gGaivmPAg&ved=0CGsQ8wIwAA) if you can find one. Just remove the fuse you found that has 0v when the key is turned to off and shows 12v when its turned to on, plug the fuse tap into the circuit you just removed the fuse from, install the OEM fuse on the bottom plug (closest to the fuse socket) as this will protect the circuit you just tapped into and get a 5 amp mini ATM fuse and insert that toward the top of the fuse tap you just installed. Then you run your accessory wire back to the fuse box and crimp it onto the butt connector already installed on the wire protruding from the fuse tap. Thats it. I know it sounds like a lot but once you see it you will realize how to do it all.

The alternate that you have to the fuse i first linked is one tap like this (http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=mini+atm+fuse+tap&hl=en&prmd=imvns&resnum=2&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&biw=1920&bih=955&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=7650588344420939267&sa=X&ei=O1H5TrzPG-br0gGaivmPAg&ved=0CHYQ8wIwAg) These can be a total pain in the ass to install just to let you know ahead of time as the tiny hole that you have to put the leg of one of the fuse connectors through is super tight sometimes. But with that kind of tap you just find the fuse that reads the 0v when the key is out and 12v when the key is turned to ACC or ON, pull the fuse out and you insert one end of the tap on one leg of the fuse (i recommend you use something like dielectric grease to help assist with sliding the tap onto the leg as they are super tight and hard to shove on there), once the tap is fully installed up to the top of the leg you install the fuse into the fusebox, run your wire from your radios accessory wire to the fuse you just tapped, crimp a female spade connector on the wire you just ran and connect it to the top of the tap, use shrink wrap or electrical tape to help prevent any short circuits and call it a day.

If you get stuck feel free to PM me for help. Im almost always by a computer. lol.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

wow haha. yeah well ima install a amp and sub for him too so ill just tell him to always turn the car on cause i know thats the best for it anyway. and i will prolly use the first one it looks real easy.

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang V6

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

Sub: 2 10 inch custom subs

Amp: Hifonics BRz 2600

Wire: Knu 0 gauge

Headunit: Kenwood kiv-bt901

Damplifier: Fatmat Rattletrap

Electrical: Stock Alt/Stock Battery/Big 3

The first one is way easier. The second one is a big pain in the ass as its super tight to fit on there and if the fuse blows that you just tapped into you will be yelling and swearing up a storm to try and get that damn thing off and put it on the replacement fuse. Just dont run anything more than the accessory turn on for your radio and you will be fine. I strongly disagree with you running the remote wire for the amps off this wire once you tap it. That will be way too much current for the circuit you tapped into and would either keep blowing the fuse or melt the OEM wire.

If you find the need that your friends amps wont turn on with the remote wire that comes off the headunit i strongly recommend running a relay for that. Those are super easy to install and i came close to doing that but i lost 1 amp when i upgraded to my DC 5.0k.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Heavy gauge brown on the back of the a/c controls

You're welcome

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Thanks Ray did exactly that and it worked!

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang V6

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

Sub: 2 10 inch custom subs

Amp: Hifonics BRz 2600

Wire: Knu 0 gauge

Headunit: Kenwood kiv-bt901

Damplifier: Fatmat Rattletrap

Electrical: Stock Alt/Stock Battery/Big 3

Ray,

I didnt get to testing it today but will that heavy gauge brown wire behind the a/c controls have the RAP feature or will that shut off as soon as i turn the key off?

A good 12volt source that's closer to the radio is you're cigarette lighter. That's what I always use.

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

Its ign,

Rap is only done thru data untill 07

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Cig lighters in all gm from 88 up is constant 12v not ign

Archived