4x 6.5" mid bass, or 2x 8 inch?

ktraughb

Providing all other factors are equal-same distributed power, same frequency response, similar mounting locations etc. which would you prefer and why? im trying to decide for my front door panels in my 98 blazer. tweeters will be located either in a pillar or dash. i know that the frequency response will be similar, but wasnt sure that if still an 8 inch could have a better mid bass response simply due to cone size? If i did a pair of 8s, power to each would be about 150 watts. Of course, if two pairs of 6.5", power to each would be about 75 watts. My main reason for wanting to add mid is for the fact the current compnents lack response for a lot of guitars, etc. of course subs take care of below 80 hz, but the mid is really lacking in my vehicle. any help is appreciated, i dont often mess with multiple mid setups.

3 way active is up for consideration as well, but id have to make some other equipment changes too. tring to do this inexpensively. but im open to suggestions on how to properly compose an active 3 way on a budget. i use this vehicle daily, and while its built for bass, ive been wanting to step into a bit of sq.