2 way component vs 3 way component

Smoove

I have searched and not really found anything stating which is better. 2 way components or 3 way components? And why would I choose one over the other?

Well to put it simply its the sound, as well as the simplicity. Some 2 ways may have gaps in the frequency response but are pretty easy to install. 3 way setups are easier to play the full bandwidth but its an extra speaker to find a good place to put.

A speaker can only play so many octaves, no speaker can cleanly play every frequency at the same and level. Breaking the bandwidth up makes it so each speaker can contribute its best part. Thats why subs play low and tweets lay high, they can't do anything else very well.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Crazy, that thread didnt show up in my thread.

Since there seems to be no hard answer on which way is preferred. I am gonna do glass my doors and stick with the JL 3 ways I already picked up. Trying to figure out if I should use them in my ext cab truck or sell and go 2 way.

Well what are you looking for? I have never heard a 2 way sound better than a 3 way in my life. 2 of my cars have 3 way setups, one active and one passive. My 3rd car is going to have a 3 way setup once it runs.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

I definitely want the system to sound as clean as possible. I know my 2 way infinities in my 350z sound like they are lacking something so I might have to replace them with a 3 way. But the truck has a rumbly exhaust. (yes it is deadoned all the way around). Is a 3 way worth it when in a truck with throaty exhaust.

I haven't put the 3 way JL's in the Truck yet. But I believe I am gonna replace 2 ways in the Z with a 3 way set.

Any recommended 3 ways around $300.