Jump to content

3 Way Active Help


Robert8252

Recommended Posts

Posted

So. Long story short. I'm running a set of Hertz HSK 163s on an Audison Lrx2.9. When I bought the set I knew the crossovers wouldn't last forever with this much power on them but the drivers side xover is starting to die. So I'm trying to go active. Problem is its the holidays and I spent way too much to be able to get the amp I want to run active and there's not a single amp I can find that has the correct filters I need to run the mid range and tweet for around $100-150. So my real question. Can you safely run active if you don't have a band pass for the midrange? Basically the setup would look like this. Audison lrx on the mids. Then the mid range would only have a high pass filter and the tweet on the high pass. Can you run a midrange and let it naturally roll off without a low pass filter or is this dangerous to the speaker? Hope that made sense. Or if anyone happens to know an amp that has the correct filters I need for around $100 let me know because I've searched all over.

2013 F150 Crew Cab



Old Build Log



Feedback



2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Posted

I ran some HAT 4"mids like that. However, they are designed to play up to 17,000. I don't think higher freqs will hurt those ML70's. Watch the power active though, the tweets and woofers can take way more than the mids.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

the higher frequencies wont hurt the speakers, its the lows that will hurt them. so your mids will be safe with the HPF but you probably wont have a HPF that will go as high as you need for tweeters.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1081 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...