Its nice to see some action in this part of the forum..and I am happy to see so many of you guys exercising your 2nd amendment rights...but who here is also a shooter? a real shooter? Like out of all you guys that carry, how often do you shoot? How many rds a year?

And most importantly what I wanna know is, out of all you guys, whats your criteria for allowing a pistol to be your carry piece? I hope you guys didnt buy your gun and a box of ammo, took it to the range, made it go bang bang a couple times and called it good for your carry piece.... to me, minimum 500rds without any major malfs before any of my semi auto are even thought of being carried, my wheelguns, ill let it drop down to 200 or so.

Next..how often do you practice? a lot? a little? none? Carrying that dope ass glock(not knocking anyone, i promise) dont do you no good when the shit hits the fan if the muscle memory isnt there, and not to mention in my belief, standard, shooting range practice is not sufficient for "training" yourself to be in a defense situation, standing at a firing line, letting off 1 rd every 2 seconds from a weaver stance isnt going to do you much good when the shit goes down.... Can you put rounds where they count from cover? from your back? from prone? weak hand only? strong hand only? inverted? Do you know the difference between cover and concealment in terms of what you pick to stand/duck behind when youre getting shot at? Cause Ill tell you what, with whats on my hip right now, you best pick a good place to hide...car doors aint shit, steel entry doors like at a business aint shit, even cinder block...phhht.. You need to practice for perfection, as when the time comes that you need it, youll be mediocre at best. (Clint Smith)

So I guess my point is, who here is a real shooter and who just owns a gun or 2, and thinks theyll be able to get the job done.

And for those wondering, I shoot approx 12k+ rds a year and have actually been trying to step it up, as this summer ill be competing in a local indoor pistol series (think bowling pin shoot meets heads up double elimination drag racing)...and a rimfire rifle series as well(all shots are off hand, no slings, no nothing allowed, varying ranges, only x's count for points).... Also starting to learn to reload my own...try to save a little coin at least.

Edited by Bigsix

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

I shoot when i get the time. its tough working as much as i do, having the baby and my other hobbies. although if i could get the truck done id have one less time eater. Id say i make it to the range at minimum once a month. shoot about 500 rounds per through the various calibers and pack it up. Lately ive stayed away from the pistols since the range i go to tends to congregate the idiots there.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I shoot when i get the time. its tough working as much as i do, having the baby and my other hobbies. although if i could get the truck done id have one less time eater. Id say i make it to the range at minimum once a month. shoot about 500 rounds per through the various calibers and pack it up. Lately ive stayed away from the pistols since the range i go to tends to congregate the idiots there.

I feel you on that N8, full time plus jobby job, my Trans-am, the jeep is done for now thankfully, kids, and about eleventy billion other hobbies and interests as well..... I just run myself ragged to make it all happen...Monster Energy assault and lots of coffee are good friends of mine. Luckily for shooting practice, 15 minute drive and im on 20 acres of private land that I hall year round full time access to, makes life alot easier than paying some dill weed at the range 16bucks for a lane for an hour... not to mention no restrictions on shooting "speed" or how to stand or what to do..plus we can blow shit up. tracer rds and propane tanks are fun. Tannerite is pretty cool too...And now as a bonus, the kids are gettin older and have both taken an interest in shooting and so has the missus....so I can now kinda wrap family time and bang bang time together on occasion, lets me kill 2 birds with one stone sometimes.....

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

i am quite experienced with smithing a 1911, so i can go through one, do a little work on it, do a few checks and know its good to carry without even firing it.

as for how much i shoot, i shoot 2-3 times a week. last year i went through about 40,000 rounds of just 45acp. all in all i probably fired about 55,000 rounds last year, all calibers combined.

my range i go to does a simulated police qualification course as well. i cant remember the last time i shot less than a perfect score.shooting our local "bullseye" competition, i shoot a perfect 150 strong hand only and both hands, weak hand only i tend to shoot about a 145. scoring based on 15 shots with bullseye being a 10, shooting at 5 spot targets.

i like the wilson 47d's in my 1911s, but these new springer magazines seem to be doing surprisingly well.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

when you come down here im gonna take you to the indoor range. we gonna have some fun.

Owner of BigAss Ports

i am quite experienced with smithing a 1911, so i can go through one, do a little work on it, do a few checks and know its good to carry without even firing it.

as for how much i shoot, i shoot 2-3 times a week. last year i went through about 40,000 rounds of just 45acp. all in all i probably fired about 55,000 rounds last year, all calibers combined.

my range i go to does a simulated police qualification course as well. i cant remember the last time i shot less than a perfect score.shooting our local "bullseye" competition, i shoot a perfect 150 strong hand only and both hands, weak hand only i tend to shoot about a 145. scoring based on 15 shots with bullseye being a 10, shooting at 5 spot targets.

i like the wilson 47d's in my 1911s, but these new springer magazines seem to be doing surprisingly well.

F*cking-A Right on......youre definately a lead slinger....good to hear it...And I wasnt bragging about my 12kish rds last year or anything like that....as I know theres plenty of fellas like you that shoot like mad...youre definately a shooter, not just a dude with a gun then...lol. Awesome.

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

F*cking-A Right on......youre definately a lead slinger....good to hear it...And I wasnt bragging about my 12kish rds last year or anything like that....as I know theres plenty of fellas like you that shoot like mad...youre definately a shooter, not just a dude with a gun then...lol. Awesome.

i screwed up and got into reloading, so shooting got cheaper. 1,000 rounds of 45acp was only costing me 90 bucks, so i shot the hell out of it.

Owner of BigAss Ports

Nice..thats why I mentioned above I am now starting to learn reloading, still taking baby steps and doing research and reading, havent even started to buy equipment yet... I might have to eventually PM you and pick youre brain on reloading a bit, as one of my main reasons for doing it, is for .45acp, and 38/357.

9MM is still cheap enough around here that I havent committed that to my list of calibers to get set up for

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Nice..thats why I mentioned above I am now starting to learn reloading, still taking baby steps and doing research and reading, havent even started to buy equipment yet... I might have to eventually PM you and pick youre brain on reloading a bit, as one of my main reasons for doing it, is for .45acp, and 38/357.

9MM is still cheap enough around here that I havent committed that to my list of calibers to get set up for

for 45acp target load in a 1911, i like 4gr of supertarget on a wlp primer, with 200gr lswc. i then change the factory weight recoil spring to a 12lb 9mm spring. recoil nearly doesnt exist and is super accurate.

Owner of BigAss Ports

i shoot ALOT.. somewhere around the 12000 round mark maybe more.. me and my stepdad practice with each other. bc hes got 400 acres his own reloading shop AND he works at fin feather n fur.. gets hella deals on ammo..

ive been shooting a gun since i was 6yrs old..ive owned a gunn since i was 12 ( parents bought for xmas gift..to me i OWNED it)..bc i learned everything on that gun how to clean it..proper technique etc etc..

at least twice a week we are out shooting.. anything from a lil bb gun to his ar15 and his long guns like his 7mag..im very skilld with long guns..with his 30 ought 6. at 250 yards i can do 1 hole entry for 5 shots..

my uncle was ex military sniper and actually killd some fukers overseas..i learnd from him also..