Sonic Electronix

$2,000 For New System, What Should I Get?

My mom is getting me a new 07 sonata, and i have saved up a little more then 2 grand. I want to have a good system, something thats seriously thumppin" when i want it be, but at the same time i want to still have a trunk, and trunk space. I was thinkin about getting one "high-end sub", and a big amp to move it. I was thinking a Pioneer Premier TS-W5102SPL sub, and a Kicker ZX-2500.1.

Either way, i want to have a better system then i did have. (i refuse to have a worse system then my lil brother) I used to have a 07 Camry until my lil brother bruised it up, and now its his (my mom gave it to him). I had a Orion HCCA 12.4 and a Earthquake PHO-5000.1.... that why im leaning towards Pioneer Premier TS-W5102SPL sub, and a Kicker ZX-2500.1.

also, how should i power my car if i do decide to go w/ a Pioneer Premier TS-W5102SPL, and a ZX-2500.1// is 1x yellow top in the trunk w/ a stock battery & alternator in front, enough to power to stop the dimming of the head lights?

im open to ideas, so please post away... thx..

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

dude i just put the new RF P1's in my car and it was money well spent. i could get you some for $38.00 a piece if you want. i can also get the RF puch series 1000.1 for like 2 or 3 something

----reference's----

meade916

going more than 1000 watts you're gonna wanna upgrade your alt and do the big 3, along with an additional battery or two. so going with a 2500.1 you'll really wanna upgrade the alt

Question 1) "do the big three"? what exactly does that mean? how much does a new alternator cost, and what kind of an upgrade an i looking for...

Question 2) How much power does someone actually get from an aux. battery? How many battery's can you run to a single amp?

Question 3) If you can run multiple battery's to a single amp, is it possible to run a red to and a yellow top?

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Chariot.gif

dude i just put the new RF P1's in my car and it was money well spent. i could get you some for $38.00 a piece if you want. i can also get the RF puch series 1000.1 for like 2 or 3 something

how big are the boxes need to mount the subs? and if i did decide to go with it, how could i contact you? where do you live, and how do u get them so cheap?

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Chariot.gif

I think doing a big 3 is going with a 300amp Alternator.

your standard battery is 14v roughly, and thats the power your car needs to operate, and of course its little more than what the car needs, hooking up an amp means you draw back power from your car cuz the battery is being used from your car's electrical and your amp's. SO... thats the reason to get extra batteries, not all too sure if theres some calculation out there on how many or what size batteries to get per amount of power... but in your case, i'd say just one or 2 batteries would be plenty. I would look into Kinetik HC600, HC800, etc.. (they make different sizes up to HC2400)

So you can get like yellow tops/red tops etc.. thats all up to you what type of batteries you get, but for TRUNK SPACE reasons, I would consider Kinetik batteries because they are REALLY small, I have an HC600 and that thing is like 1/3 of the size of a car battery and puts out some power!

and about the price on those P1's lot of people who work and get deals can get you that price, also check ebay, or www.SonicElectronix.com they always have some really good prices on subs/amps/speakers/etc.

DC is a brand of subs, newly released, but they are really nice competitive subs, just look at the bottom of the main forum you'll see the topic for DC Subs The different levels are for the amount of power. Its sorta like RockFord, they have the P1, P2, P3, T1, T2.... DC has different sub levels for differnt types of setups, SQ, SPL, and pretty much just the amount of power you want to run... Level 5 being the big boy

Edited by AlpineGuy87

06 SCION tC

One more thing to add, I highly recommend building a box, dont EVER buy a Pre-Fabbed box (like the ones already made you see at walmart or wherever else..) Here at SMD we have lots of people with lots of talent and know a lot about tuning boxes and stuff..

I highly recommend you talk to SPLGEO he is good at designing boxes according to how you want it to sound and the vehicle space and trunk space you have. He does have a small fee for the design I think $10 is his standard price.. but there are other's here that will also do up some plans for free so just ask around but definately build your box dont buy one already made.

06 SCION tC

One more thing to add, I highly recommend building a box, dont EVER buy a Pre-Fabbed box (like the ones already made you see at walmart or wherever else..) Here at SMD we have lots of people with lots of talent and know a lot about tuning boxes and stuff..

I highly recommend you talk to SPLGEO he is good at designing boxes according to how you want it to sound and the vehicle space and trunk space you have. He does have a small fee for the design I think $10 is his standard price.. but there are other's here that will also do up some plans for free so just ask around but definately build your box dont buy one already made.

thank you

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Chariot.gif