Sonic Electronix

Dumbass Stereo Shops In Lake Havasu

There is a shop up the street from my house, i don't go there often being that most of the time the sales guy and i don't get along. So i go up there when i first get my BTL to get some rca's and i got to talking with this guy. He asked me what i was running and i told him. As soon as i told him i was running an FI sub dude tried to act like it was junk, which were i live is not something uncommon.

So i am explaining to him all about FI and about there quality, and told him what i have been hitting with my 18 and what notes... dude goes on for about 15mins about how i was a fucking liar and how that some no name bullshit sub could not meeter that high if he has never heard of the sub. Now my setup is not at all considered loud in the db drag scene but for a daily driver, she gets low and loud.

So i asked him if he had a meter and that i would run a bassrace run and a drag run for him to prove that FI is what its about. So i pull the van into the bay drop the tl in and run my bassrace run. Young Jezzy Air Forces full tilt and pulled a 143.2 with my peak note being 42htz... Then ran my drag run after giving the batteries a few to charger hit a 147.4.... needless to say said sales guy was asking me if i knew were he could get a btl, and if i know of a way for him to contact FI so they could sale there product...

I told dude that the btl is not for haters and that they sale direct only ;)... have not been back to that shop since.

In the audio world people are always quick to hate on what they don't know... you just have to be prepared to teach them :D

thats exactly how it went down too. except i didnt meter. im not done with my setup yet still working on it. im still looking for a t40001bd. probably get one by christmas. i heard that there is going to be a huge sell on their products later since they are going to bring out to 08 models.

My New Build checklist:

(3) 18'' btl fully loaded d2

i know what u mean...but u cant expect every shop to know every sub on the market just because the own an audio place....i mean i would make an effort if i owned a shop...but some people arent really looking to expand their knowledge in car audio products...they're just tryin to make some money. but it can be frustrating when trying to tell people about what you have and they look at you like you have 4 heads or something...

Every shop should know about all the products on the street. I know it can be hard at times but shop owners need to keep an ear out for what is the next new thing. If you sit and be complacent with what you know and don't try to expand your knowledge then your just a hustler and will eventually be out of business.

I can't tell you how many times I have heard from shop owners that my truck is full of flee-market stuff. Now even I get the same FREE industry mags in the mail as they do and I know damn well that Power bass advertises in them.

Maybe shops need to quit listening to the bull they have been feed from their local Rep?

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I can think of a couple shops out here that if its not what they sell, its not worth a damn. We tell people the reason we carry what we do is because we have used it alot and it works great and we have a great relationship with our Customer Service reps. there are plenty of subs we used to carry that we dont due to the lack of C. S.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

yeah not a 170 nothing on the TL (which is the only one that counts) trust me. I dont believe it a bit.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Uh huh.....

Find that very hard to believe 170dB on music in there.... Unless it was some cheapo RadioShack meter or something.... TL scores only...

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Archived