No Way my head-unit can be turned up to 62/62

Yeah, I have two RCA's out, sub/rear speaker and then front speaker RCA's. Both of those did not clip til I hit 62. Then if I hook directly to one of my speaker outputs, since I use the HU to power my speakers, it clips at 49 there.

i have two speakers that get powered by the HU but i have them off, cause i don't use them, so do i still need to do this? I put the red prong on the positive speaker terminal, but on 2/4, the negative is the one that detects the signal and the other 2 its the pos that detects the signal, and like i said they distort at different gain levels.

Yeah, I have two RCA's out, sub/rear speaker and then front speaker RCA's. Both of those did not clip til I hit 62. Then if I hook directly to one of my speaker outputs, since I use the HU to power my speakers, it clips at 49 there. I ran into this problem when I first got my DD1, and Decaf verified that it happens to him often too.

I think that would be pretty logical....my thinking, and I could be wrong, is that the signal coming out of the rca's is stronger than the speaker level signal.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

well think i figured this out, HU didnt distort at all on the 4 channel, but got it too at 57 on the bass amp. so thats my max volume.

Then tuning the the amps themselves is a solved problem for me, even the 4 channel. Still can't believe the deck doesnt distort on the 4 channel though.

I would start all over again. Set the everything on the H.U to flat or off as the manual stated. Measure the distortion from the H.U through the speaker outputs on the amplifiers ( also i would check through the RCA just to make sure, nothing wrong with double checking). Take the lower of the two volume numbers and that will be the max volume you will ever use. Make sure the gain is turned all the way down and the filters set to off or full pass when measuring your head unit. Then keep that number in your head and leave it there to set the gains. Make sure the switch is on 4-channel on your amp and not set to 2 channel. Also, are you using the correct tracks when tuning the amps? When i set mine, i did the 40hz 0db for for checking the sub volume through the deck, 1khz 0db for my mids/highs. When i tuned the amps, i used 1khz -5db for the 4 channel and 40hz -5db for the sub amp. If you tune with the -15db tracks, the volume will be louder but will not sound as "clean".

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

I first set my 4 chan on the 1khz -10 and sounded like shit turned up. Then I redid it to -5 track. Wayyyy better

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

I first set my 4 chan on the 1khz -10 and sounded like shit turned up. Then I redid it to -5 track. Wayyyy better

I had thought about it at -10db, but i love the way it sounds were i set it at orginally and still gets pretty loud.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

Yes, off = full range

You're confusing me though....first you say you deck doesn't distort then you say it distorts at two different levels WHEN CHECKING THE AMP. Completely lost bro!

Do me a favor, take a smoke break, go do something else for a minute, then come back after a few minutes, catch your breath and let's try this all over again.

what i mean is the HU doesnt distort right.

then whe ni set the gains on the 4 channel, two of the channels distort at a different level than the other two. so if i move the red prong from the dd-1 to each of the 4 positive speaker inputs, they distort at different levels when setting the gains (not the HU level).

If you read the owners manual, it clearly states "usually the right channel of a multichannel amplifier, the Speaker (-) terminal is where the signal actually comes out." And i'm not too sure why you're testing each individual channel like that when there's only 2 gain knobs on your amp (4ch). You only need to test the right channel on the front and rear sides of the amp. Just slow down brotha, read the manual, and do exactly as it says.

Lastly...even if your deck didn't distort at all (not likely, but possible), that doesn't mean your equipment will allow you to turn it up that loud without distorting. This tester is testing the signal source, not the output source.

Edited by SQMonte

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

yea , setting the gains on the 4 channel wasnt bad. channel A was set through the positive and channel B was set through the negative it worked out fine.

Also, when i testing for HU distortion, i had my sub level at zero, even though it goes down to -24, and its highest is plus 6, so is that correct?.