Holy rattlin' Mustangs !!! :-)

So last might I pull into the auto parts store (slamming ;)). It wasn't until I killed my truck / stereo, that I realized I had set off the alarm on an older (69 ?) Mustang.

As I walked in the store, the owner of the Stang walks out. Just as I start to talk with the young guy at the counter, the Stang fires up, and "$#%^^$^&^%^*&^%^%" !!! Damnit Jim ! That was the LOUDEST, ugliest bunch of rattles I've EVER heard from a car stereo ! This one actually had just a little bit of audible bass too, albeit zero mids/highs. (I'm sure you guys have heard the setups where "all you heard" was rattles).

Anyway, I wasn't going to say anything, but then the guy at the counter says, "Damn, that sounds like $#!+" ! :) LOL So I laugh, and say to him, "I hope mine didn't sound like that" :) The guy told me, "No. All I heard was some deep, clean bass, then that guys alarm going off" :)

Maybe it's just me, but even little, interior panel rattles (plastic on metal), bug the living $#!+ out of me, let alone, entire body panels, and trunk lids slapping metal on metal !

I always wonder, "Do these guys think this sounds cool" ?

Then I was wondering, if I gave him a demo, would he think mine played "waay too much actual music {mids/highs} ? +, it's not even enough strong enough to cause any noticeable rattles" ? He'd probably tell you my system sucks ;) LOL

Funny, but soooo common, right ?

Fish

Edited by Fish Chris

im the same way i took all my interior trim panels and spray foamed behind them..( all the 1s i could) and when my door panel starts making noise.. i stuff a coat in between the door and seat lol..

im also the type of guy that will NOT play a system if the metal on metal sound is there lol..i sound deaden and foam every install before i even think about adding bass

Edited by getlocivic

well i have a mustang and to be on that guys side if he has a spoiler that could be ratlling. no matter how much i deaden my trunk lid stupid spoiler slaps agains my trunk <_< but im sure it was mroe than that haha just saying

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang V6

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

Sub: 2 10 inch custom subs

Amp: Hifonics BRz 2600

Wire: Knu 0 gauge

Headunit: Kenwood kiv-bt901

Damplifier: Fatmat Rattletrap

Electrical: Stock Alt/Stock Battery/Big 3

but i like my spoiler :( haha i know thought about that but i thin it looks weird with out one

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang V6

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

Sub: 2 10 inch custom subs

Amp: Hifonics BRz 2600

Wire: Knu 0 gauge

Headunit: Kenwood kiv-bt901

Damplifier: Fatmat Rattletrap

Electrical: Stock Alt/Stock Battery/Big 3

Ya' know, if I ever were to build a system, using trunk space for my subs, I just couldn't see it "without" just fiberglassing in the whole inside of the trunk, and totally foaming in between the enclosure, and trunk lid, with both ports and subs entering the cabin.

All that metal slappin' just sounds like a$$.

Fish

Part of the problem is people think rattle is flex...half of the youtube videos I see are rattles not true flex!

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Part of the problem is people think rattle is flex...half of the youtube videos I see are rattles not true flex!

^^^This, strupe makes a point round here most of the installs we do the customer is actually against deadening anything for some damn reason these fools think that the more your trunk rattles the louder your system is :lol: . What can you do, I try to educate those who are willing to listen but most just want to hear a rattling mess and put their phones on the trunk and watch em dance around. I feel more sorry for that beautiful work of art (69 mustang) that he would show it no justice and down disrespect it like that shame on him.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif