Sonic Electronix

Definition of a "Heavy Hitter"

Trulywickedcustoms and I were talking and we brought up the term "Heavy Hitter" as in Big Boys of Bass. Which made me wonder... What do you think defines a ride as a Heavy Hitter? Also, who do you consider a heavy hitter besides the obvious like Meade, Blade Ice, Trippi, Mikey, Trulywicked, Killian, Tommy Mc, Pipo ect. who else do you consider a Heavy Hitter?

There are a lot of loud impressive systems out there that are not that well known... list some people here that you consider a Heavy Hitter... Lets help get those guys some youtube love!

To me a "Heavy Hitter" is someone that has a system that can be demo'd all day long and can play MUSIC at 155+...

dc98hoe for sure! :werd_msword:

x2, anything that plays 150+ on music daily.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I consider anything over a 150 on music that can play hours on end and takes your breath away and id like to throw out my frieds system ami customs check it out!

Can do a 160 on burp and 150+s all day long

"SilveradoGoesBang"

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155256-silveradogoesbang-box-done-take-notes-on-bracing/

2 FI BTL 18's

CT Sounds 7k

2013 MidwestSPL Finals Xtreme 3 - 1st Place

id have to consider 150 plus on music at LOW frequencies a heavy hitter too. like a 153 at 27hz or so

I would have to disagree with that..

I like Richard's original rule of 155+ on music

a 150 is damn impressive but there is a huge difference, at least to me, going from a 150 to 155+ regardless of the frequency

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

dc98hoe for sure! :werd_msword:

This vid is in my favorites on YT. lol

Anybody over 155 is doing work. That would be my definition too.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

when i think of heavy hitter i think of surprisingly heavy. lol... Like big bass in a small package. I like those kinds of systems. like 2 10s hitting a 150, or something like that. But i also think of Just the most outrageously large system with a ridiculous amount of speakers, big and small, and crazy power. So i dont think i really made any sense. lol

edit: i've never done anything with numbers. So that really wouldnt be that important to me in judging what a Heavy Hitter is. But i have heard a 150+ car. So i know how loud it is. I would have to sit in the car to be able to judge. but thats just me.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

Archived