OrangeJuiced's Sierra Body Dropped and Juiced (Revived and Tuckin4's)

• 1 month later...

Well I graduated! I decided to spend just a little money on the truck so I can do some work to it. Ordered 6 6.5" pwx's from sky high. Got a new design for the doors and tore the old ones completely apart. I also got some advice from my dad, he said don't start a project till you have all the pieces, plans and time to finish it. So this time around I plan on actually completely.

So today I wanted to work on just getting my system completely done. I'm tired of saying "I still need to do this and that to the truck." I took the door panel off and ripped all the fleece and fiberglass off of it. I also got some fiberglass mat and glassed all the joints in the box. Here are some pics.

Kickinitoldschool2013.jpg

Senior pics with the truck.

057998AA-D546-48ED-90D5-430123FD28F3-308

This is what I thought about my first try.

ACC7FA2E-19D7-4EF3-90AE-7F4F3397ADF1-504

B78436F2-DD3B-42C4-B858-C41240B49DF0-504

and here is the end of today. Fully glassed the inside of the box. it will get sanded and some spray paint tomorrow.

8DB91D8D-6DBF-47EB-9A48-571A09CFAA72-549

I'm expecting my speakers here soon and I already have a design for the doors. I'm dedicated to getting them done! Hand drawn design.

E89E2706-EF00-4C0D-BDCE-D8AF77927803-552

and my grades to finish off senior year. off to college!

A8D36CA3-240F-4983-B71A-AE7DA192B3F2-552

Damn, I didn't realize you were still in high school doing all this. You have got some skillz already and even better you maintained your grades while doing this work. I am impressed.

You are grounded, jk nice truck and sweet plans for the future.

Wow perfect grades nice

Damn, I didn't realize you were still in high school doing all this. You have got some skillz already and even better you maintained your grades while doing this work. I am impressed.

Thanks guys. Not in high school anymore! Getting a job and going to college to better my education. I'm still enjoying my truck though.

Got a little work done today. I don't take many progress pictures. I only take pictures when something looks good haha. Sorry about that.

Lightly sanded all the glass and painted it black. I didn't body work it at all, just wanted a solid color on the inside.

B5464A9A-7FCF-4E76-B7C1-0C0ADCE288FA-582

Loaded the subs. Obsidian OA-12's.

4418FD50-3724-40D6-85FA-412097A08A61-582

They're pretty sexy if I say so myself.

Also got my pwx's today from Jon at Sky high. Got 6 6.5's for the doors. More glass work ahead. Going to have to order more resin and mat.

01E74812-309F-46BE-912F-8833312B91E0-582

and a pic of what to box looks like in the bed.

Seattle-CarShow2012020.jpg

cant wait to see this thing in person. such a nice job on this.

question, do you do all your own welding? my lower control arms could use some added strength where the rear anti sway bar mounts to it. they have a tendency to break from upgraded sway bars. the replacement part for it has some added strength to it ( $77 each ) but if i can find someone/someplace that will do it for cheaper then the cost of the new parts i dont see a reason not to. im sure i can find someone willing to add a 1/8" thick peice of metal around the mounting hole for the sway bar for less then $77 per lower control arm.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

question, do you do all your own welding? my lower control arms could use some added strength where the rear anti sway bar mounts to it. they have a tendency to break from upgraded sway bars. the replacement part for it has some added strength to it ( $77 each ) but if i can find someone/someplace that will do it for cheaper then the cost of the new parts i dont see a reason not to. im sure i can find someone willing to add a 1/8" thick peice of metal around the mounting hole for the sway bar for less then $77 per lower control arm.

Thanks man. Maybe we'll meet up this weekend. And as far as welding. Yes I can weld. The problem is, I'm not set up at home to weld. If you can get me access to a welder and torch then I'd be more than willing to do it. We can talk more this weekend. What time will you be free? I plan on being in Salem tomorrow

Thanks man. Maybe we'll meet up this weekend. And as far as welding. Yes I can weld. The problem is, I'm not set up at home to weld. If you can get me access to a welder and torch then I'd be more than willing to do it. We can talk more this weekend. What time will you be free? I plan on being in Salem tomorrow

i wont be open, can only get a baby sitter for the few hours of my orientation so i have to hurry there and back. i dont have access to any welding equipment either. maybe when i get the money to replace my stock shocks and struts ( got the car with tein springs ) i can put it on some jack stands at my aunts house and give you the lower control arms to do. sure i would be with out a car for a day or 2 put im sure we could figure something out when the time comes. id rather pay someone 30 bucks in gas to drive me around for a few days and pay you to do the work on the lower control arms then spend 154 on 2 control arms.

for an idea as to what im talking about

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159842&page=5

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived