How to wire 2 caps

I know, I know, most in this forum don't like caps. At least from what I've read that is the Majority Opinion. However, at the moment I can't afford a new alternator I already went $200 of my budget when building the new system. Also, I have heard that caps burn out an alt faster. This is not a problem since I have a life time warranty (on my third in 5 years time). Is the pic below how I should wire the caps?

2uptt36.png

When I get taxes I will be getting a new alt, and maybe another battery if needed. Baby steps...

question: How to wire 2 caps

answer: you don't

I'm new to this, do you mind explaining a little more. You've told me what not to do (kinda), you forgot to tell me what to do.

No sarcasm intended.

EDIT: I appreciate you helping.

Edited by lagexe

just put them in parallel next to each other + to + then - to - then to your amps if you must use caps

I must for now, my alt is only 120amp (80 stock, I'm using one for a jeep 2 or 3 years newer than my jeep, because it's the only bigger one that will fit) and my lights dimmed pretty bad with my old sony 1200w-D. I'll draw another pic if you can tell me If I've understood you correctly.

Edited by lagexe

well, if you have to have caps, re: you already have them, wire them like you listed... BUT, I would move the caps close to the amps, ground the amps to the cap and ground the cap to the chassis... even a cheap walmart battery would be better than a cap, unless you are seeing some wicked voltage drop....

question: How to wire 2 caps

answer: you don't

^like :rofl:

Edited by splzx3

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

ive had systems were caps helped

under 1200 watt systems caps do help anything over that they hurt i have tryed and tested this

shit in joeys street max tropper doing 158 dbs we had to have a cap in there in order to keep the deck on for a second longer because street max is one batt and he had 4 7 ks on it

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

also keep in mind, this will strain the shit out of the alt in your setup, the caps will be steeling from the amps to recharge...

A cap is good for if you have lets say a 300 amp alt and only draw 250 amps at full load and you are having voltage drop from the front to the back... but in your case it will prolly hurt you...