Sonic Electronix

3 400w RMS 4 ohm subs wired in parallel for a 1.3ohm load = 1200w RMS right? What I mean is, by wiring subs together, you double their handling capability right? I was pretty sure of this until something strange happened.. I use to push only 2 of these at 2 ohms on a 1000w rms amp, and I never had problems like I'm having now. The problem is that if I set my gains too high the output will drop, then go back up and etc until I turn them back down. The amp is 1200w RMS @ 1 ohm kenwood. I noticed today when playing with the gains, if I set it to push 400w to the 3 subs then there is no loss of power. I'm using a clamp and DMM to set the gains by wattage output. Seeing that they are just fine at only 400w, makes me think.. does wiring subs together really double RMS handling?? I'm telling my self "No way, the subs look like they're only pumping 1/3 of what they can really handle.. there's no way they should only be getting 400w", but also questioning myself! I've had two of these amps, they have both done the same thing. So I'm thinking.. maybe it's something with this model? Or is it just that 3 400w rms subs wired together can only handle 400w rms?

Dam is useless to set gains with

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Wiring 3 4ohm single voice coil subs together will give the amp a 1.34Ohm load. When you wire the subs together that does NOT increase their handling capability, it only changes the load that the amp will take on to squeeze more power out of the amp at lower loads. Remember when wiring to lower loads that increases HEAT(which is the enemy)and also draws more power so more strain on electrical. Gains should only be set with a DD-1 or O'Scope. Clamp meter and ddm are not correct. Find a local car audio shop they should own a o'scope and will tune your system.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

Wiring 3 4ohm single voice coil subs together will give the amp a 1.34Ohm load. When you wire the subs together that does NOT increase their handling capability, it only changes the load that the amp will take on to squeeze more power out of the amp at lower loads. Remember when wiring to lower loads that increases HEAT(which is the enemy)and also draws more power so more strain on electrical. Gains should only be set with a DD-1 or O'Scope. Clamp meter and ddm are not correct. Find a local car audio shop they should own a o'scope and will tune your system.

Do you have two SA-10's on a AQ2200 at 1 ohm??

yes i do. box is being built as we speak but that will be my setup in like a week i have all the equipment. 8)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

Oh, and those SA-10's are only 600-1000 watts? Then what the fuck are you talking about wiring two subs together doesn't change RMS? If you run those "about" 1000w RMS subs at 1 ohm on that amp, they're going to get 2k watts as a pair(2k EACH), according to what you said right? Obviously not, you wouldn't do that unless you were trying to kill those subs. So, you just proved your previous statement wrong, and answered my question all in one?

Oh, and those SA-10's are only 600-1000 watts? Then what the fuck are you talking about wiring two subs together doesn't change RMS? If you run those "about" 1000w RMS subs at 1 ohm on that amp, they're going to get 2k watts as a pair(2k EACH), according to what you said right? Obviously not, you wouldn't do that unless you were trying to kill those subs. So, you just proved your previous statement wrong, and answered my question all in one?

2k each? Wtf are you on about? he has a bit over 2k going to the 2 subs, as in 1 and a bit to each, he was trying to help you, try not to jump down his throat....

Edited by Emmet

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

2k each? Wtf are you on about? he has a bit over 2k going to the 2 subs, as in 1 and a bit to each, he was trying to help you, try not to jump down his throat....

lol what, if you wire two subs together that are rated at 500 apiece, youd want 1000watt amp, so youd be seeing 500 a piece, because itll split between the two, it does not mean now that you wired the subs together that there rated 1000 a piece, there rated 1000 together...not that difficult

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Clearly you are unfamiliar with how wiring works and power distribution. I think you're getting hung up on ohm loads and are getting confused. Two subs that EACH handle 1000W can be put to an amp that gives them 2000W total. Each sub 'sees' 1000W. Where are you getting your information?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Damn is dude really that dumb :(

Sorry but all I see is dumbass post from OP

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)