Sonic Electronix

Get home from school, power up my amps, and I go to play a song. Its a chopped version of Beats 4 My Van. Literally 15 seconds into the song(where the break in the bass is) I smell burning coil(or at least I think it is. Smells just like hot clutch).

So I turn it down and inspect: The sub rubs like it's blown, but both coils read the same as day 1 (1.2 ohms).

Edited by SnowDrifter

maybe the pole shifted? other than that i dont know what to tell you

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

Idk but that sucks hope its not completely broke

The Midget Looks Into Your Soul

2008 Dodge am 3500HD with the 6.7 Cummins

Race Me tuner, dpf deleted

kenwood double din

cheap walmart speakers for now(infinity reference comps comps coming soon)

2 kicker L5's in a ported box of unknown tuning lol(soon to be changed)

Power acoustic 1500.1 on the subs (for now)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qVnttdrOPY

There's some life left, but none that I want to play music through!. I'll probably blow it tomorrow - debating whether wall socket or just hardcore amp power. Edited by SnowDrifter

Fuckin sucks. Wonder what went wrong.

Honestly, I think it was one of those 'perfect storm' type moments.

Clipped song + woofer playing ~tuning point of box = tons of dirty power and not much sub movement to cool the coil. Or at least that's my theory

I just cut the cone out. The voil is perfectly fine, but it was the former that wrinkled :shrug: