Sonic Electronix

I was playing cat daddy (full tilt) on it and halfway through the song when the bass note stopped so did my subs...

I cant tell whats wrong. Just doing a quick look over, everything looks fine and i dont see anything wrong.

I have 2 12 type r's. I can push down on the cone and they are still stiff, no crunching noise, no nothing. I also saw no smoke or smelt anything at all.

The amp is a MB Quart Onyx 1500. The green power light is on and it didnt protect or anything. I havent checked the fusing in the amp yet. Connections in the amp look fine, although i havent checked my ground yet.

Any ideas?

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

what is your idea on full tilt? :trippy:

Lol well on my pioneer deck i go up to 30. Ive had this set up for months (maybe almos 6 months) and the max vol. i ever went was up to 30.

I know my amp isnt tuned with an o-scope or a dd1 :(

But i play it on 30 every other day. It doesnt audibly distort but i know that doesnt mean much

Did i blow the amp even though it still comes on?

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

maybe a wire came loose inside the box. pull the subs out to make sure but before you even do that you can just check the ohm load with a dmm on the speaker wires leading to the amp (with the speaker wires disconnected from the amp)

Edited by Kranny

maybe a wire came loose inside the box. pull the subs out to make sure but before you even do that you can just check the ohm load with a dmm on the speaker wires leading to the amp (with the speaker wires disconnected from the amp)

Man i hope so, this happened to me before a few months ago. But it still was able to play, it was just noticeably quieter. But ill have to check that, probably tomorrow since i work all day.

Worse comes to worse i'll upgrade something :drink40:

It seems like the subs arent getting a signal at all, so i really hope just a wire fell out

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

I was playing cat daddy (full tilt) on it and halfway through the song when the bass note stopped so did my subs...

I cant tell whats wrong. Just doing a quick look over, everything looks fine and i dont see anything wrong.

I have 2 12 type r's. I can push down on the cone and they are still stiff, no crunching noise, no nothing. I also saw no smoke or smelt anything at all.

The amp is a MB Quart Onyx 1500. The green power light is on and it didnt protect or anything. I havent checked the fusing in the amp yet. Connections in the amp look fine, although i havent checked my ground yet.

Any ideas?

with this in mind, to you stiff means cone doesn't move or really hard to move? if its stiff then u mechanically blew your subs, if u smelt something that would be thermal and what knot, when glue gets hot it smells and so on

if subs still move then do as kranny said and check wires inside box, stuff does happin, i dont like push terminals but mine are screw terminals and are just as bad

unhook subs from amp, check ohm load on wires, if there is none its prolly unhooked, if its all over the place then it might be blown

could have slapped a tinsel lead, or are they woven? only things i can think of

Edited by tacomabanga1986

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

So you ask us what's wrong without

-checking to see if a wire came loose

-checking the coils on your subs

-checking your rca's

-checking your grounds

-and checking your ohm load at the amp?

You could do all those things before even going online. Who knows. Maybe it's one of those.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

if the amps power light is on and the subs dont make a noise when pushing the cone down, it COULD be just the speaker wires. worse comes to worse, the woofers blew. could be the RCA's, but no way to tell until you sit in your car for a good while and troubleshoot every option there is.

you could of lost a coil this can happen with no smoke and the sub will still seem find pull em out and check em with a dmm

i did have an amp go bad on me one time 2 resitors blew the amp comes on green light no output just gotta check everything sometimes its simple sometimes its not

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

with this in mind, to you stiff means cone doesn't move or really hard to move? if its stiff then u mechanically blew your subs, if u smelt something that would be thermal and what knot, when glue gets hot it smells and so on

if subs still move then do as kranny said and check wires inside box, stuff does happin, i dont like push terminals but mine are screw terminals and are just as bad

unhook subs from amp, check ohm load on wires, if there is none its prolly unhooked, if its all over the place then it might be blown

could have slapped a tinsel lead, or are they woven? only things i can think of

Well it still moves, like it always has. I just meant like its not stuck, and it doesnt move freely like theres nothing there lol

Im not sure about the tinsel leads... i couldnt find the info on sonic

So you ask us what's wrong without

-checking to see if a wire came loose

-checking the coils on your subs

-checking your rca's

-checking your grounds

-and checking your ohm load at the amp?

You could do all those things before even going online. Who knows. Maybe it's one of those.

Yeah but this is why i ask so i can get a nice list so i can quickly work my way through the most common stuff. So i dont stand around scratching my head as to why its not working. I hope its one of the things listed tho

if the amps power light is on and the subs dont make a noise when pushing the cone down, it COULD be just the speaker wires. worse comes to worse, the woofers blew. could be the RCA's, but no way to tell until you sit in your car for a good while and troubleshoot every option there is.

idk if this helps but i have it wired straight from the subs to the amp, no terminal cup in the box, or bolts used.

But i'll check the ohm load as you said. Hopefully that will give me a direction

you could of lost a coil this can happen with no smoke and the sub will still seem find pull em out and check em with a dmm

i did have an amp go bad on me one time 2 resitors blew the amp comes on green light no output just gotta check everything sometimes its simple sometimes its not

Man i feared that it would be something with the amp like a resistor or something. I hope not lol cuz i'd rather replace the subs before i replace the amp idk why i just feel better this way haha

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg