Sonic Electronix

What Kind Of Amp Should I Use?

i think im going to w/ a pre-loaded Orion sub-package... ------>http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17777

what kind of amp should i run to it? i was thinking something like this ...

------>http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16368

can you more knowledgeable members help me out? if that amp doesn't match, can you guys post links of an amp that will match, and what kind of ohms should the 1000watts(about) should be running at?

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

look like a decent match but just a little over powered i think. give it proper electrical support though and youll, be fine IMO.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

i think you'll be happier buying the 2 subs and building a box... but the specs say that the box is wired down to one ohm. And i saw peak 2000W but no rms? So im assuming 1000. That amp is rated 1600 @ 1 but hifonics have never been my fav amps so i'd say its probably overrated a little. Maybe 1300 or so RMS so assuming the subs can handle a little over RMS you should be ok

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

play Moola.com its actually fun and free...

click here to join Money games!

its just games with free money!

i think you'll be happier buying the 2 subs and building a box... but the specs say that the box is wired down to one ohm. And i saw peak 2000W but no rms? So im assuming 1000. That amp is rated 1600 @ 1 but hifonics have never been my fav amps so i'd say its probably overrated a little. Maybe 1300 or so RMS so assuming the subs can handle a little over RMS you should be ok

maybe 1300rms haha its about 1000-1200 from what most people say and personally from owning this amp id say get a better amp, I learned my lesson dont buy cheap amps that say the put out good power, jus save up for the more quailty amp that puts out the good power....

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

IMO you can find something better for 550 you could put like 500 of that towards two subs and build a box with the rest. idk wher your from so prices prolly differ. but around here you can buy a 4 x 8 sheet of 3/4 mdf from home depot for 24 bucks. that would be more then enough to build a decent box that would better accomidate whatever subs you wanna buy.

your money would be better spent.

610EUROs

• 2 months later...

im tryin to figure out what kind of amp i should use for my subwoofers. i have 2 hifonics olympus 2412s. they are 2400 rms each and dvc 2ohm. i was considerin the hifonics collosuss i think it is, its a 5000 watt amp, but im not sure if it runs what it says

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

Archived