Sonic Electronix

No power to amp all the sudden?!

Who did this "install". Starting to sound rigged up.

A family friend who owns a shop. Very reputable. They've done many of my cars before and it just so happens that the one with a circuit breaker is the one that gets screwed up..

Wait you paid for that mess? And thats professional work? My wife does better work than that shitshow

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Take it back to the family friend/reputable shop owner and have him fix it, and while he's at it have him show you where all the wiring is going and how it's all hooked up so if something comes up again you will know what to ask and what to look for.

I would never go with a circuit breaker bro. Those are one time things, everytime it pops, it gets less and less reliable.

they are known to get 3-4 accurate pops before they fall out of spec.

OP if you have one main power wire from the battery to the "trunk" then you must split the wire somewhere to power two amps. at that split there SHOULD be a fuse. if there is no then you need to add one and I can explain why if you need me to. but check that fuse if there is one, it should be your problem. that or your amp is toast.

if you have a DMM (volt meter) then hook it up to the power and ground on the amp and see if it reads 12v. if it does then put a jumper from the + terminal to the remote terminal and see if it turns on. if it does then your remote wire is the problem. do not leave the jumper on the amp!

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

You can't find whatsbwrong because you don't have a dmm or anything to troubleshoot.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

I would never go with a circuit breaker bro. Those are one time things, everytime it pops, it gets less and less reliable.

they are known to get 3-4 accurate pops before they fall out of spec.

OP if you have one main power wire from the battery to the "trunk" then you must split the wire somewhere to power two amps. at that split there SHOULD be a fuse. if there is no then you need to add one and I can explain why if you need me to. but check that fuse if there is one, it should be your problem. that or your amp is toast.

if you have a DMM (volt meter) then hook it up to the power and ground on the amp and see if it reads 12v. if it does then put a jumper from the + terminal to the remote terminal and see if it turns on. if it does then your remote wire is the problem. do not leave the jumper on the amp!

I don't have one. But I'm starting to think the amp is toast...Everything seems to be in order. Fuses and such...

So the one line fron the engine bay goes to a distro??

Yes.

AlphaDamp CLD Mat - Get more Sound Deadening with less Sound Deadener

How does everything seem in order? You have no fucking idea of what you're looking at. You've had ten answers and ignore them all.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Get a DMM and check voltage at the amp like others have said. To be brutally honest the way they did this was ghetto as hell.

It was old wiring left from the previous owner, that's why. I will bring it back to them tomorrow. Maybe telling them to use the old wiring was a bad idea...Especially that damn breaker.

How does everything seem in order? You have no fucking idea of what you're looking at. You've had ten answers and ignore them all.

If I could do what those "10 answers" told me to then I would. So calm that down big guy.

AlphaDamp CLD Mat - Get more Sound Deadening with less Sound Deadener

Archived