Did you score off the laminate on the glue joints or use melemine glue? if not those glue joints are virtually pointless, its almost imposs to bond laminate to MDF

2012 Ford Ranger:

Build comming soon!

• Kenwood DNX-6160
  • DC 175.4
  • 2 sets of O2 AR63 3-way Comps

loving the truck man super clean!! im glad you went with the off roadish look with the lift instead of the scrapper bay look lol

im tuned in

and i agree with ray about the 5k lol

JonSig1_zpsaea3e8d2.gif

Contact us for the best quality cables and accessories with the fastest shipping in the industry

EMAIL: [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

LIKE US ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/SkyHighCarAudio

ADD ME ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/jon.rabe.1

MONSTER SKY HIGH/DC GMC: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/127057-sky-high-monster-gmc-walk-through-12-lvl-5-15s-6-9ks-trim-panels-and-wiring-p-90/

I took a grinder with a sanding disk to the laminate to rough it up and liquid nail to bond it. Even if it still didnt bond it well i have WAY more than enough screws in it to make up for it. And roof rack was off when i got it. But u can take the rack off and silicone the holes. Or cut about an 1/8th inch or so off all the screws and reinstall screws. If u dont cut them there to long to put back in. Soon as i get to a laptop tonight ill upload the updated pics of new paint job and stuff. And i also will need some sudjestions on new wheels. The slides are gone. I want a chrome wheel now and once u see the paint and new front end, you will understand why. Thanks for all the compliments guys.

sry took so long for updates. but here is acouple pics of the new front end with the 2tone. 99-02 chevy hd hood and grill. 03 gmc bumper. also i had my roll pan molded in and smoothed. looks alot better.

2012-01-31_123209.jpg

2012-01-31_123413.jpg

2012-01-31_123129.jpg

imagejpeg952_2.jpg

imagejpeg952.jpg

i had to take the slides off because the muds where rubing the new bumper. i didnt wanna cut into it and more i thought about it the more i thought chrome wheels with a lip will look better so i sold the slides. running newer gmc stock 20s for now till i can make my mind up on new wheels. not sure if i wanna slam it or lift it. the truck is 2wd. but even if it was 4wd id never take it off road.

2012-02-13_231106.jpg

2012-02-13_231129.jpg

2012-02-13_151608.jpg

getting windows retinted tomorow. if u look in some pics the front 2 windows are blueish and the backs ones are gray. so im peeling the front 2 nite and haveing 5% gone over the exsisting tint in the back and it will be single layer on front 2. 50% on windshield with a 5% sunstrip. should look good. also my badass uncle got me sum 0 guage welding wire from work.

2012-01-13_182723.jpg

2012-01-13_182820.jpg

almost 100ft of wire for free. im going to add a direct run of wire from front alt to back battery. see if that helps my voltage drop any. also soon as group buy for xs batterys starts i hope to pick up 4-6 xp3000s.

i posted in the wtb section for a triple or quad alt and haveing a really hard time finding one. i emailed mechman and dc power and no replys yet on a bracket. if anyone knows where i can get one that would be awesome. my mike singer alt is just sitting in my room waiting to be installed.

front end looks great man. i say lower it.

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Archived