Second Skin Audio

Down Firing

I was think port andsub facing down and sealed off from the trunk, so wouldnt that be a bandpass? I could fit 2 15s that way and could fit 4 12s tha way also, or i could jus do it the other way and have 2 12s ported and sealed off from the trunk, what yall think?

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

B)-->

QUOTE(Eric B @ Nov 28 2007, 09:54 PM) 201570[/snapback]
I was think port andsub facing down and sealed off from the trunk, so wouldnt that be a bandpass? I could fit 2 15s that way and could fit 4 12s tha way also, or i could jus do it the other way and have 2 12s ported and sealed off from the trunk, what yall think?

ive got 2 15's downfireing in my truck behind the seat n it beats hard, basicly what a downfire does is take the front wave of the speaker n fires it off the floor to give that reverbitation and a louder sound, but the hight off the floor is a tricky thing, if its to high it wont sound right, but if its to low the cone will hit, mines 3'' off the back seets in my truck and sounds killer, im not sure about downfireing ported box tho might try n cancle itself out with the air hittin the cone as it comes out n messin with the front wave, all the downfire boxs ive seen is eather sub down port back/side/front/ or sub down sealed, ied try diff boxs tho, oh and a downfire is kinda picky to, ied take some wire mesh n make a trim pannel around the hole were the air comes out so if trash or somethin gets sucked up in it i wont mess up ur subs, and most downfires i kno sound better when its shaped like |__| three walls n air comes out the open spot, not really a need for rounded cuts n make sure the floor is flat without any creases it may affect the sound, i had a 5500 12'' ina downfire box prolly 1cf if that sealed powered with a ma400w amp and it was slumpin, anyways hope that helped and good luck with ur build :D

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Like this?

6u5vjmb.jpg

this is how i did mine, u talkin bout this? :unsure:

left side

DSCN0838.jpg

right side

DSCN0839.jpg

DSCN0845.jpg

ps not tryin to thread jack just tryin to help, thats how i did mine and it wangs B):P

Edited by tacomabanga1986

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Thats how I had the subs in my Dodge.............I dunno about numbers wise....but it was the only way to get good deep bass in my standard cab

2215505_30_full.jpg

2215505_32_full.jpg

2215505_36_full.jpg

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

Hes saying having the sub cone face the floor about 3-4 inches away from the floor much like some home theater subwoofer enclosures are made

You are correct, but I was gunna have it like Steves Box CRX style but downfiring and have so the box is sealed off from the trunk and port facing cabin, but I dont think itll turn out good. I bought 4 of the eD 12's thats why im asking this. I guess i could go buy a sheet of 5/8" MDF and try it...

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals