Second Skin Audio

Bandpass Q

Cynner

If I have a sealed box that is 17" High, 34" Long, 15" Deep roughly 3.8 CUFT and want to convert it into a bandpass blow-through what would the front section (blowing into the cabin) need to be in size? I worked out 4.2CUFT but haven't worked out porting.. any help would be great.

EDIT: Drivers are x2 15" L7's just want decent bass / SQ it has to be a blow-through as it's a ute I dont have a choice.

Cheers

I'm not an out of control driver, I'm completely in control.. only sideways..

-Nissan R32GTR running 213KW RB20DET on 14lbs of boost.

-Holden Commodore VY SS UTE running stock.

-Holden Rodeo mini truck project, soon to be running SR20 on 13lbs of boost.

-Landcruiser UTE running 1UZFE v8 11" Lift on 35" MT Classic II's wrapped in Cooper STTs.

^^ and the list goes on..

If I have a sealed box that is 17" High, 34" Long, 15" Deep roughly 3.8 CUFT and want to convert it into a bandpass blow-through what would the front section (blowing into the cabin) need to be in size? I worked out 4.2CUFT but haven't worked out porting.. any help would be great.

Cheers

All your measurements are going to be dependent on the spec's for the woofers you are using. All boxes are specific to the woofers you are building them for, but bandpasses are more critical than most.

Good Luck with it.

Funky Lu

WYLA Designs

What Ya Lookin At?

Cheers

All your measurements are going to be dependent on the spec's for the woofers you are using. All boxes are specific to the woofers you are building them for, but bandpasses are more critical than most.

Good Luck with it.

Cheers

-Landcruiser UTE running 1UZFE v8 11" Lift on 35" MT Classic II's wrapped in Cooper STTs.

Only having a bit of trouble.

The sealed side of the bandpass is 3.8cuft (after displacement) and the vented side of the bandpass is 4.2cuft (after displacement)*this is what I calculated ported side hasn't been built yet..

I'm just having issues working out what port length / diameter I need. I keep getting a calculation of 6" dia x 10.5" lgth but it seems a little small for this size bandpass? Any help would be much appreciated. Also does that seem right for a bandpass size sealed side 3.8cuft and ported side 4.2cuft? Running 2 15" L7's.

Cheers.

bump.

I don't know how well L7's will work in a 4th order, but it all depends on what ratio you want.

1:1 is musical, but inefficient. 1:2 is pretty standard. going above that ratio isn't very typical.

then you just tune the ported side like a regular ported box.

shoot me a PM if you need further assistance

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Archived