Sonic Electronix

Hello there, I really wanna get my car set up with a nice sound system. After going to the local store and getting charged 200 dollars for a 90 dollar head unit (Some low end Alpine one.) I've decided to take matters into my own hands. I want to replace all my speakers (Fronts are 6.5 and backs are 6x9) plus put in a Subwoofer and Amp. I want a nice system, but I don't have a lot of money to spend. I was wondering what you guys would recommend! :) I was thinking of starting with some Alpine SPR 6.5 inch speakers for the front. What do you guys think of Alpine? Are they good for the price? (Like $109 on Audio Savings.) I want a booming system, so I need speakers that can go loud for when I get a nice subwoofer or two. Also, what do you guys recommend for an Amp/Subwoofer? I want good quality but something that won't break the bank. Thanks a bunch in advance for your help!

not sure about alpine speakers, but what's your budget for subs and amp?

some good starting woofers are the SA line, Obsidian audio, and be sure to check out Skar audio as well.

amplifier wise, AQ makes pretty nice amps.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I ran those Type R components a few years back and they were loud and clean. I always had issues with blowing the tweeters though(my fault from overpowering). They had good midbass though I thought. 500 bucks for a budget of amp, sub, box, and wiring is a little on the low side. How loud do you wanna get, and what kid of music do you listen to?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

you can get punch series 6.5s for about 60 bucks on ebay and stuff. thats where i got mine and they sound killer. just check recent ratings on sellers. i like fosgate speakers. and skar audio subs kick@$$ what size subs/sub you want. im rocking 2 vvx8s and they are beastly 8s that get low.skar audio is a great and cheap brand for subs

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

American bass 1280.4 mids and highs amp

aq hdc3 12

2.4 cube net box, tuned to 34 and 14.4 inches of port per cube

I ran those Type R components a few years back and they were loud and clean. I always had issues with blowing the tweeters though(my fault from overpowering). They had good midbass though I thought. 500 bucks for a budget of amp, sub, box, and wiring is a little on the low side. How loud do you wanna get, and what kid of music do you listen to?

Yeah, unfortunately I'm not exactly rolling in the dough. I would probably be willing to go a little higher though. I listen to all kinds of music really, which I know isn't helpful :P I don't want to get loud to the point where I'm deaf, the main thing that I want in a system is bass that hits hard and shakes the car in front of me :D I don't want 4 15" Subwoofers that cause earthquakes, but like I said, I want the bass to hit hard, be loud and noticable. But I also want it to sound clean, and I want speakers that sound clear and won't get distorted when I pump up the volume.

aq750 & vvx12/15 .thats just under 400 and that leaves money for box building and possibly a set of fosgate punch series speakers

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

American bass 1280.4 mids and highs amp

aq hdc3 12

2.4 cube net box, tuned to 34 and 14.4 inches of port per cube

you dont want to have earthquake bass, but you want to shake vehicles infront of you? kinda contradictory...

but you're not gonna be doing either with a $500 budget. you can get a nice little system for that much. you'll learn quick how expensive car audio can become. welcome to the forum btw. you'll learn a lot here.

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg