Second Skin Audio

aq 15 in a 4th

IMO don't do it. I've tried my HDC's in a 4th and it didn't work well at all. 6th order worked well, but I'm not sure you'd have the room for that in a trunk.

For a single 15 off a 1200 I'd try to do 4.5cubes net and tune 35-38Hz, should be a solid daily set up...

Mike I'm doing the build so you know it will be done right. I'm gonna attempt it. I'll do 1.5 cubes sealed in a 2:1 ratio tuned to 45hz. I figured if tys hummer could do it with hds we could attempt it with hdc3s

Vehicle: 1999 Chevy Suburban AKA The Bammin' Beast

Battery: 25 XS Power XP1000's

Sub Amp: 3 DC 9k's

Sub Stage: 18 DC Lvl 4 M2 12's in a Nasty 4th Order

Subscribe now! Prizes will be given away for every 1000 subscribers!

I'm tuned in for this... I am curious to see if it likes a 4th or not.

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

I wouldn't do it, not with the HDC3s. That being said, DO IT. I am not sure why thoughts needed to be posted, I think you should do it and post results. Either it works or it doesn't, but that is the fun.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

IMO don't do it. I've tried my HDC's in a 4th and it didn't work well at all. 6th order worked well, but I'm not sure you'd have the room for that in a trunk.

For a single 15 off a 1200 I'd try to do 4.5cubes net and tune 35-38Hz, should be a solid daily set up...

Mike I'm doing the build so you know it will be done right. I'm gonna attempt it. I'll do 1.5 cubes sealed in a 2:1 ratio tuned to 45hz. I figured if tys hummer could do it with hds we could attempt it with hdc3s

didn't they switch to nightshades because HD's don't like 4th orders?

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

I tried my 18's in a 2:1 and they sucked. I've "heard" that they will work if the sealed side is very large, actually larger then the ported side, but I didn't have room to try that.

GL and be sure to post up how it turns out...

I tried my 18's in a 2:1 and they sucked. I've "heard" that they will work if the sealed side is very large, actually larger then the ported side, but I didn't have room to try that.

GL and be sure to post up how it turns out...

will do sir hopefully we will have a design on Friday :popcorn: =]

With that power I'd do a larger sealed chamber, but I'm looking forward to see what happens. But I imagine it'd be hard to fit 2.5-3 cubes sealed and 3.5-4 cubes ported in a trunk.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...