Sonic Electronix

Ilovebass, dont worry about thread jack, most my questions have been answered haha.

The comp ive entered is a db drag and its 30sec peak hold. So is it safe to say i ahould find a song that goes across different freqso it juggles around my peak?

I spoke to the guys running comp, the said to come early with a test cd and find my peak, then ill have a bank of songs lableled by the the max and min peaks and play a song from there.

Ia that a reasonable plan?

What dbDrag class is 30 seconds peak hold? You sure he doesn't mean you have 30 seconds to meter and your loudest score at the end is your score? That would make more sense...

So you could burp and then try another freq and another one, but your loudest score is what will stay on the screen = peak hold

Also make sure your batt(s) are fully charged, so no demo's before you plan to meter and let the car run for a while. Also you can rev the motor to 1900RPM while metering which should give you a little more voltage.

30 sec peak hold is what you stated. You have 30 secs to play the loudest not possible and the meter holds that score until you go louder at the end of the run the score on the meter is what you did. This is where a burp is used. Generally during your qualifier you should run a sweep to determine your frequency then burp it during your run.

Meca, Bass racing, bass boxing and other events like these you need a 30 sec average. This is where you need to play a solid note for the entire 30 secs. no beats. Juicebox is the song I use. It's frequency is 38 hz.

meca is a burp unless its park-n-pound.. from the looks of that comp id pick a few songs you wanna try and go with them.. songs you think are around your peak (if you havent found ur peak id do this)..not the greatest but its better than nothing..bring a good host of bass songs with you.. never hurts to have a good lineup to throw at em..and most of all have fun and learn :drinks:

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

So run a sweep before comp to get your Target Hz...I see you have to play something "musical"..so as mentioned try bass mekanik...or juicebox...man I...are good

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

Kicker KX350.4

DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

stroupe79.jpg

That's pretty cool of them. I basically know everyone at the comp because they've all helped me with my build. So hopefully they'll let me do that when I get there. Does anyone happen to know where I could download test tones and sweeps? Thanks guys for your help! And sorry melb-bass for the thread jack

Well, I have you covered on that one... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/96978-test-tones-and-sine-waves/page__view__findpost__p__1337768

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Nice link...I just grabbed a few

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

Kicker KX350.4

DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

stroupe79.jpg