Second Skin Audio

4th Order Bandpass Help

Cynner

Yeah will do, hopefully we will get some suggestions!

I'm not an out of control driver, I'm completely in control.. only sideways..

-Nissan R32GTR running 213KW RB20DET on 14lbs of boost.

-Holden Commodore VY SS UTE running stock.

-Holden Rodeo mini truck project, soon to be running SR20 on 13lbs of boost.

-Landcruiser UTE running 1UZFE v8 11" Lift on 35" MT Classic II's wrapped in Cooper STTs.

^^ and the list goes on..

Bump,

Keen to get this build started, I'm a pretty skilled wood worker so sky's the limit for internal design! Not many people will see it as it's going to be a small port.. thinking maybe doing a plexi glass see through window on top? Would look pretty sick!

-Landcruiser UTE running 1UZFE v8 11" Lift on 35" MT Classic II's wrapped in Cooper STTs.

Ok so this is a first shot based on your dimensions, It has been adjusted with a cabin gain modelled as 12dB/Octave rise (downwards in frequency) starting 50Hz (since your cabin is small it probably the rise starts higher in frequency) so it will sound flat only inside a car. Take a look:

amplitude.png

L7BP.png

Driver's motors are to be in the ported chamber for better cooling, displacements were calculated accordingly.

At this time 900W per sub will be the maximum power to be used.

This is posted only for discussion purposes *do not build on this specs*.

Ok so this is a first shot based on your dimensions, It has been adjusted with a cabin gain modelled as 12dB/Octave rise (downwards in frequency) starting 50Hz (since your cabin is small it probably the rise starts higher in frequency) so it will sound flat only inside a car. Take a look:

amplitude.png

L7BP.png

Driver's motors are to be in the ported chamber for better cooling, displacements were calculated accordingly.

At this time 900W per sub will be the maximum power to be used.

This is posted only for discussion purposes *do not build on this specs*.

That actually looks like it would work quite well. It's giving me enough space / port length to port into the cabin without causing and issues. I'm on night-shift so it's 4:44am right now. I'd really like to start building this box in the next few days. If this is going to be the best bet, I'm happy to go with it. Anyone elses thoughts? Í'll be making a build log of this ute anyway. It'll be getting supercharged, dropped on it's ass, new tint, new Giovanna 20's and some other extra's in the coming weeks. The sooner the better I start with the box! What was this tuned to?

Anyway, cheers Joe for the help! It'll fit perfectly as will and still leave me room to keep the misses happy!

Nice, good job.

What all do we need to do to make this final? Also should there be any internal bracing?

Cheers!

Ok this is how it assembles and a way to check it:

bp.png

The smaller chamber is the ported one! =@

By no means this is a final design but most likely mods won't change the dims it has now.

Also these subs were sitting drivers out in the ported section (so in other words facing into the sealed box) just wanted to clarify also would it be possible to make the port a few inches longer? :] I'm sure it's just a matter of changing a few numbers.

Bumpp!

Bought 4 sheets of 18mm thick MDF today. Getting ready for the build. Also bought 1000 high tensile wood screws (got them cheap) and have all the glues already.

Cheers!

With the box just 17" tall, can you fit your L7's in there upright? Last time I checked they were a little more than 15.5" across their flat sides.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Archived