Sonic Electronix

Hello I'm having some trouble with my system I have two kicker comp 12s in sealed audiobahn box. It's weird to a kicker dx.250.1 amp. The problem that I'm having is that they don't sound as deep as when I first had them and I dont know why, their not blown so it's really weird. Also I was wondering if that's a good set up for the subs or should I change anything. Thanks.

What do you mean by when you first heard them? As in when you first heard them at the store or a friends ride or when you first installed them?

What do you mean by when you first heard them? As in when you first heard them at the store or a friends ride or when you first installed them?

When I first itstalled them, they sound really good and ha amazing low bass. Than after about a week they still sound good but it seems like the lows sound like their not as deep as they used to be.

what you might be referring too is the break in point. after about a week or two subs do break in and they tend to get louder, but if thats not it check all your connections and your ground, and go over everything with a meter

My kicker dcvr 12" after about a week sounded louder to me. Not yet put to a spl testing. Think most subs do this....

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

My kicker dcvr 12" after about a week sounded louder to me. Not yet put to a spl testing. Think most subs do this....

I think OP is having the opposite experience. His subs are quieter/not as low

I think OP is having the opposite experience. His subs are quieter/not as low

Yea noticed that after I posted. My fault. Sorry on that. Could that also be that maybe the box has changed due to the bass? Like not the right size for those subs?? Or the box may have a leak or something? I have heard of that happening... Not sure how true that is though....

Edited by basshead8569

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

yah maybe your just getting used to them, when i first put my re's in i was like " OMG THIS IS CRAZY " now im like sick of it and wanna double it. lol

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!