Sonic Electronix

I Need Truck Audio Input From A Veteran

I am fairly new to the vehicle audio scene and need some suggestions from some of you veteran audio people. I have a 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.7 Liter Hemi Pick up truck. I have upgraded all four of the door speakers with aftermarket Alpine two way 6 by 9s and Pioneer three way 6 by 9s. I replaced the two dash speakers with Polk Audio 3.5 inch db351 speakers with the bass blockers. I swapped out my factory head unit for an Alpine 124-SXM with the aftermarket Alpine power pack mini-amplifier pushing 45 watts rms to four channels. I just got in the mail a custom box for my truck from foxacoustics.com, (fox box) It is a dual round 12 inch vented enclosure. I was thinking of getting two 12 inch Kicker CVX subs that are rated for 750 watts rms each. I was wondering if my truck's stock electrical system will be able to handle the 1,500 watts rms for the two subs plus another 180 watts that I am running to my door and dash speakers for a total of 1,680 watts rms??? Do I need to get a high output alternator or another battery? I have not done the big three upgrade yet but I am planning to do it. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. I currently have an MTX Thunderform dual 10 inch sealed enclosure under the rear seat powered by a Rockford Fostgate 1,000 watt amp pushing 500 watts rms @ 4 ohms to the subs (250 watts to each one) and it sounds good, I just want More Bass, louder volume, and more power.

Not a veteran. Some of these old guys have years upon years (or 10s of 1,000s of dollar) experience then me. Depending on how you weigh it lol. But anyway You're off to a ok start. The type rs are decent subs. Get two of them and try them out on the amp you have. If you like it upgrade to a little better amp. Maybe a rockford t1500bdcp or something. Power wise. Do big 3 in 1/0g wire. Upgrade your battery. I run XS batteries and shuriken. Just get the biggest that will fit that your wallet can afford. Make sure to use decent 4g wiring for the amp. Not Walmart wire. And you should be satisfied with it. Give it some time and if you like it maybe this summer or next year you can try building you're own custom box with proper tuning and specs to the subs you're using for maximum output for your situation.

Just my 2 pennies.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

heres a way to get your answer, look up the specs on your alt see how many amps it puts out, and see how amps you will be pulling with both of those amps hooked up aka check fuse sizes. also take into consideration that your car pulls amps off the alt itself and do the big 3 it will help alot and def upgrade that battery. that should give you a rough estimate weather you would need a high output or another battery, ether way if you add another battery or a high out alt it wont hurt anything less strain

I've got 1500 rms (aq1200 and my 4 channel ) total and im on stock electrical with one of the smallest car batteries and its 450 cca. Voltage doesn't drop below 14 while driving and I think the lowest it hits idle is 13.6 . In other words im assuming your truck has a beefier electrical than my japanese tin can of a car to be able to handle it. Big 3 and a nice battery and you should be just fine :)

subwoofers - two eclipse 88120s

box - 3.4 cubes tuned to 32 hz

amps - aq1200 and pheonix gold zx450

New build :

2 obsidian audio 15s

same amp

6.1 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz in a civic hatch

Not a veteran. Some of these old guys have years upon years (or 10s of 1,000s of dollar) experience then me. Depending on how you weigh it lol. But anyway You're off to a ok start. The type rs are decent subs. Get two of them and try them out on the amp you have. If you like it upgrade to a little better amp. Maybe a rockford t1500bdcp or something. Power wise. Do big 3 in 1/0g wire. Upgrade your battery. I run XS batteries and shuriken. Just get the biggest that will fit that your wallet can afford. Make sure to use decent 4g wiring for the amp. Not Walmart wire. And you should be satisfied with it. Give it some time and if you like it maybe this summer or next year you can try building you're own custom box with proper tuning and specs to the subs you're using for maximum output for your situation.

Just my 2 pennies.

rockford 1500 needs 0 gauge always do the big 3 in 0 gauge.. and deending on the size of alt you have im going to guess around a 150 amp or so (maybe less).. i would upgrade the underhood battery like a xs power 3400 or something.. the biggest battery you can fit under the hood...and then monitor your voltage drop and physically see how low it goes and go from there..

me myself i dont like to see aything below 12.6 on my amps

yeah what they're saying, do big 3 and run 1/0 awg to your amp, upgrade the front battery to something beefier and you should be fine.

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

it sucks that the amp needs 0g and RF neglected to put 0g inputs on it.

I was thinking this too.....but oh well. A little research goes al long ass way.

Anyway...how big is your alt? 140 amp?

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

it sucks that the amp needs 0g and RF neglected to put 0g inputs on it.

damn i didnt notice they changed to cheap 4g inputs.. hell my old model t1000 had 0g.. with what kinda apms that 1500 draws it should have 0g

still 0g front to back and then maybe distro block it to 4g at the amp.. that way you can run both amps off the 0g instead of tryign to "overload" the 4g

Are you keeping the subs under the rear seat? I have a 03 dodge and I don't think getting more power will help you get loud. There is only so much you can do under the rear seats, unless you start taking up the rear seating area.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.