Second Skin Audio

2 different brand subwoofers in same enclosure

faderbass

make sure subs r same impedance and have seperate chambers

:No: :No: :No:

:nea:

This is what it turned out like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WKNXRMSxOA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Now thats how you make do with what you have. Now where would you be if you just dropped the whole idea because a few said it might not work.

it physically works, yes. but its NOT good to do and should not be done.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Not trying to argue, trying to learn, but even though it works and sounds ok what are the lasting effects of this?

Besides looking super gay and will end any conversation I might be having with someone the second I see it? None. If he is happy with it, then so be it. No one said it wouldn't WORK work, but so does this.

147552057cc7164ac41c455f86f452cdc0e29b0.jpg

It works, the pipes are at least functioning...body kit will provide the same aesthetic properties the stock body parts would provide...but still..... :No:

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

And sounding ok is subjective. What sounds good to many on this forum in all honestly probably doesn't.

I swapped the 2 ohm for a four ohm so I have two 4ohms I wanted to ask a bit more about the chambers I built the box myself 1st attempt i basically built a box lol somebody said to me that it is 4,3 cubic meters is this big enough to port???? Btw I can't wait to get another Alpine type r 8-)

I swapped the 2 ohm for a four ohm so I have two 4ohms I wanted to ask a bit more about the chambers I built the box myself 1st attempt i basically built a box lol somebody said to me that it is 4,3 cubic meters is this big enough to port???? Btw I can't wait to get another Alpine type r 8-)

Big enough...? I would hope so.. thats over 150 ft^ :rofl:

I think you mean ft.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

No, he most likely built a sealed box that comes out to over 4^3, and will probably cut a hole to port it. That's not how parted enclosures work.

Talk to Techforce if you are really thinking about doing this. He is the only guy i know of who has done 2 different types of subs in their own enclosures and tuned to diffreent frequencies in the same car. I came to him with a design that i have yet to test yet but he said he didnt see any issues with it but its all about testing. If you want to see the design its in the subwoofer/enclosure section just look for it. U can use it for your design the dimensions will be different though.

You have to be pretty good to design and build this box right, so if you think you want to try it out be my guest and let me know how it comes out. :)

if your going to run 2 different ohm loads (VERY MUCH NOT RECOMMENDED) they you will probably need 2 different amps.

DONT MIX SUBS and boxes and sub sizes thats just a set up for fail

and im sorry techforce disagres with me but that 2 15 and 2 18 box was a fail i can get louder and lower with just the 2 15's or just the 2 18's in there take your pic on the 2 subs and i will murder his 4 but he likes it now exo likes thats all that really matters

but for the op FAIL!!!! sell one sub use that money to buy a matching sub be happy

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived