I think I have a problem with my DD-1

Re test the 4 channel and see if it starts to do the same thing. If it doesnt, then there could be something wrong with your bass amp? Any friends with equipment to test the dd1 with?

I will try that out tomorrow.

What could be wrong with the amp?

What type of equipment?

Equipment as in do you know anyone that has amps and such in the car that you can test the dd1 with to make sure that something isnt wrong with your amp. Im not saying that there cant be something wrong with the DD1. I think that that t his would be easiest thing to do. Im not sure what could be wrong with the amp, just throwing out some suggestions.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

Re test the 4 channel and see if it starts to do the same thing. If it doesnt, then there could be something wrong with your bass amp? Any friends with equipment to test the dd1 with?

I will try that out tomorrow.

What could be wrong with the amp?

What type of equipment?

Equipment as in do you know anyone that has amps and such in the car that you can test the dd1 with to make sure that something isnt wrong with your amp. Im not saying that there cant be something wrong with the DD1. I think that that t his would be easiest thing to do. Im not sure what could be wrong with the amp, just throwing out some suggestions.

Oh I got you. Yea Im going to test it out on my highs amps today to see if the readings come out the same.

Edited by Trill985

I tested out my DD-1 on my high amps. It worked just as good as the first day I set them. Im not sure what is going on with the sub amp. Maybe it is setting correctly but when I did the old sub amp that I had the gain was set alot higher than what it is with this one. Not sure what could be going on.

When I tuned mine, I checked both running and off and Diddnt make a differance. To be safe, tune car not running. So it looks like something is going in with your sub amp then.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

ZED Levithian 6 channel

matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

I tested out my DD-1 on my high amps. It worked just as good as the first day I set them. Im not sure what is going on with the sub amp. Maybe it is setting correctly but when I did the old sub amp that I had the gain was set alot higher than what it is with this one. Not sure what could be going on.

You're not comparing two seperate sub amps are you? Even if they are the same model the gain won't be in the exact spot on both

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

You're not comparing two seperate sub amps are you? Even if they are the same model the gain won't be in the exact spot on both

x2

and the h/u has to do at what level the amps will start to clip, different h/u send different amount on voltage to the amps so if you have an amp that does not clip with one h/u it dont meant it wont clip when you install it to a different h/u

x2

and the h/u has to do at what level the amps will start to clip, different h/u send different amount on voltage to the amps so if you have an amp that does not clip with one h/u it dont meant it wont clip when you install it to a different h/u

He changed out the sub amps, not the head units

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

ZED Levithian 6 channel

matt142-1-1.jpg

x2

He changed out the sub amps, not the head units

just letting him know that an amp can clip even if it wasnt clipping on an earlier install, if i remember correctly he said he bought the amp from someone else used plus he is testing 2 amps and trying set them the same, even if they are same brand same model it will clip and different gain settings