SQMonte Posted January 15, 2012 Report Posted January 15, 2012 Putting P.A. mids in ur car seems to be all the rage these days but I don't know why. What is the benefit of them over regular mids? Those new Crescendo joints are looking pretty sexy right about now Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03 CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6 Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f
smokeumtires Posted January 15, 2012 Report Posted January 15, 2012 Louder on less power to keep up with SPL/Street bass systems... Longer throw on the voice... 1 Pro audio mid is close to 3 to maybe 4 component drivers based on overall LOUDNESS
ChevyBoy95 Posted January 15, 2012 Report Posted January 15, 2012 Efficiency. Keeps up a lot easier against bass. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
ChevyBoy95 Posted January 15, 2012 Report Posted January 15, 2012 ^^^ not to mention you can get 4 quality mids and 2 quality supertweets for the price of 1 nice comp set Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
SQMonte Posted January 15, 2012 Author Report Posted January 15, 2012 Hmmmm, those Crescendo's are really looking good now! Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03 CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6 Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f
mlstrass Posted January 16, 2012 Report Posted January 16, 2012 Reg comp sets just won't keep up once your bass gets to a certain level. At least not at an affordable price. PA mids/tweets can get VERY loud and sound good when set up properly. Once I made the change I've never looked back
RAM_Designs Posted January 16, 2012 Report Posted January 16, 2012 My mids and tweets can already get loud enough to where I don't want it any louder, so I can't really imagine needed to get pa mids to get even louder than what I am. I'm convinced half of you pa speaker guys are deaf. Or maybe my ears are more sensitive, who knows. Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script> 2200+ designs since March 2011...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.