Sundown Audio

Idk what to choose (6kw)

I currently have two aq1200ds that I love, rebuilding my setup and it will include 6 skar vvx 15s.. I want to push around 800-1000 per sub.. But I am debating on keeping my amps and getting two more.. Then running dual 2s and each pair of amps strapped at 1.34 ohm, or maybe selling them and getting two amps and going ~.6 ohm each with dual 4s.. My electrical will be able to hold 6k easily so I don't need the comments about ohm loads..

I need opinions on what to do.. If I sell my two amps I will have around 5-600 to spend per amp so suggestions welcome..

Edited by 99fullsizechevy

Laying frame soon.. System has to wait

$500-$600 per amp...what's your total budget for amps? You literally have so many options for 6,000 watts. It's going to boil down to preference and price.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

You might want to consider a DC 5k or similar. From what I've heard, having multiple amps is less efficient and plus you would have to worry about the stability of multiple amps at an unusual resistance. So if you put a 1.34ohm load on a DC 5k, I would think you get around 600-650 watts RMS per sub. If you got the 7.5k, you should get around 900-950 watts RMS per sub. That doesn't take into account impedance rise, stable voltage, etc. although you did mention your electrical can hold 6k easily.

Please correct me if i'm wrong on any of this. Thanks!

Sound Solutions Audio ZCON 18

Crescendo Audio BC3500D

JVC KD-R80BT headunit

Alpine/Pioneer mids & highs

4 group 34 agm batteries

Knukonceptz 3x0ga. terminals

Kicker/XS Power 0ga. wiring

I have heard/ owned most of the popular brands around here and don't really have a spacific favorite really.. My funds hider my choices a little as well, so two saz3500 are out of question as well as dc amps unless I could find a majorly good deal. Thought about those new crescendo 3500s but idk the price nor have I ever personally delt or heard them..

Laying frame soon.. System has to wait

The prices are posted all over the place. Crescendo isn't dealer based, so prices were listed shipped here and CACO for the Continental US. Crescendo products are great, reliable and probably the cheapest you could buy brand new for the power.

You could do two 3,000 watt amps wired to .67 ohms nominal, 3 subs per amp. Or do something like a Crescendo BC5500 for all six woofers. Maybe even a Lanzar opti6k. I know there's one on caco for like $800 shipped and the crescendo I believe was $899 shipped.

Edited by TeamHT

It is nice. I bought two when they first came out and liked them. Sold one, and giving the other to my brother for his walled Silverado. Navid is great to work with, and you can't beat that price for the power brand new from the company.

Happy hunting.