Second Skin Audio

Carpeting a box

Good luck bro. Take your time with it and make sure you plan it all out.And make sure your box is centered on the carpet so the end seams come out perfect.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

I'll pull up a video that should help you.

It's from Soundman Car Audio. The guy does some pretty good tutorials.

Thanks for posting up this vid. Carpting a box doesn't seem so bad after watching this.

1993 Full Size Blazer

Pioneer 7200HD

AQ 90x4

AQ 3500.1

Big Three 0/1

DC Power 270xp

2 DC Audio 15" XL M2

85 SQ feet of Audio Technix deadner

Sound Stream BX-20z epicenter

Front 4x6 Polk DB

Doors 2 sets Polk MM 6501

Rear Polk MM 5401

All Stinger HPM wiring

it isnt hard to do at all just like previously mentioned get all the tools you need for it and have knives on standby when the one you use gets dull.

I did my enclosure differently though. Instead of felt carpet i used indoor/outdoor carpet (i just liked the look of it haha) and used indoor/outdoor glue that came in a 3 gallon container. I then put it on just like you would for linoleum flooring (my dad used to install carpets and flooring so he has all the tools) and put the glue on with a grooved spreader. Then i let it get somewhat tacky by letting it sit for about a minute. Lined up the carpet and pretty much rolled the box onto it. Then i used a carpet stretcher and roller to stretch the carpet nice and tightly around the box. Then used the roller to work in the glue into the fibers of the carpet. After it was nice and flat i took my pneumatic (electric works just as well too) and nailed the edges and made an x-pattern on each side to help hold the edge of the carpet together when i get to the next side and continue to stretch it out.

The hardest part is really when you get to the seams and sides. I didnt watch the video but the easiest way around that is to take two pieces of the carpet and fold it one over the other very tightly. Then once its tight just take a new knife blade and cut through both pieces of the carpet. This will make a perfectly symmetric seam. Once its done slap some glue on there (or spray it on) and put the carpet down. It sounds like a lot but believe me once you do it its super easy. The biggest pain in the ass for me was getting the carpet to roll down inside my port. I couldnt figure it out so i just took some scrap pieces of carpet i had and glued them on in the corners of the port :D

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress