LED lights lighting up when bass hits

Heard the other day from a friend that they'd seen somebody who had lights that would light up whenever the bass hits. Now I'm wondering how one would go about doing this as I think it'd be pretty cool to have just hanging out with friends (not driving around with the lights flashing 24/7). Any help is appreciated =)

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

wire them in with the speaker terminals. done. i've done it before. just make sure you get ones that can handle the voltage.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

wire them in with the speaker terminals. done. i've done it before. just make sure you get ones that can handle the voltage.

Thanks, and would you recommend anything specific since you've done it before?

Also, I tried using the search option and didn't see anything about LED lights

uhhh, how bout no.

i did that and i was lucky to only blow my LED's

the led's have a resistance.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

uhhh, how bout no.

Could you explain a bit further about why and how they blew?

what do you mean? u want me to recommend a type of LEDs? I dont really know brands... BUT if you get some LEDs that can take a wall socket, meaning 120volts, then you should be good.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

uhhh, how bout no.

well maybe you got 12volt LEDs and when you went all of that power to them they blew... idk I used LEDs that i had laying around so I really dont know what they were. but it worked out fine for me...

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

I don't know the complete science of it, but hopefully one of the more seasoned members could explain it better.

my understanding is that the LED's have a resistance value, just like a subwoofer would. and by simply throwing them on the speaker terminals, you could screw up the impedance the amp sees bigtime.

the led'S need their own power source, and they need to get their signal before it's amplified, rather than after.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

where in florida. i did this n im in palmcoast and work in ormond. i show it off to everyone.its in my dodge dart. you need to get 410 resistors and solder it to the positives on leds then you can connect it to speaker terminals .positive positive.negative to negative. then itll hit in diff tones with different power of bass or treble. 410 resistor is best for not burning up your leds.ive done it few times.

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

American bass 1280.4 mids and highs amp

aq hdc3 12

2.4 cube net box, tuned to 34 and 14.4 inches of port per cube

Archived