LED lights lighting up when bass hits

Pimpin.. wouldn't that change with different subs and power levels?

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

where in florida. i did this n im in palmcoast and work in ormond. i show it off to everyone.its in my dodge dart. you need to get 410 resistors and solder it to the positives on leds then you can connect it to speaker terminals .positive positive.negative to negative. then itll hit in diff tones with different power of bass or treble. 410 resistor is best for not burning up your leds.ive done it few times.

I'm out in Tampa attending USF at the moment, but I live probably 20 minutes from the new Legoland in center FL when I'm not going to college. I really wish I knew more about this sort of stuff because I think it'd be cool to do, but I've never had any experiences or opportunities to check out something like this

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

I don't know the complete science of it, but hopefully one of the more seasoned members could explain it better.

my understanding is that the LED's have a resistance value, just like a subwoofer would. and by simply throwing them on the speaker terminals, you could screw up the impedance the amp sees bigtime.

the led'S need their own power source, and they need to get their signal before it's amplified, rather than after.

That is correct and if I had better way I would explain it clearer but I don't. What I do know is last time I checked there was a module that synced your music to the LED's in fact I think it was called music sync. If I find the video a guy on YouTube had his Civic like that and lights inside and out were hooked up to this box and it was wired in someway that allowed the lights to flicker with the beat in different sequences as well. I thought about doing it before but figured it may look to ricey and gimmicky and take away from the quality of my build but if I find that vid I will post it up.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Pimpin.. wouldn't that change with different subs and power levels?

specify what changing. the resistors?the resistors just let the leds handle the power. it doesnt changemuch.all ive done is run em off my speakers hooked to my amp. OHHHHHH. one catch. i used a set of crossovers that i burned tweeters on n hooked the led wires to tweeter part. thats in my dart.leds just straight to the speakers. just need the resistors so far as ive seen but there are others that know more than i.

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

American bass 1280.4 mids and highs amp

aq hdc3 12

2.4 cube net box, tuned to 34 and 14.4 inches of port per cube

I know the resistors allow the LED's to handle the power. what i'm saying is, i don't think you'd use the same resistor if someone was running 500 watts, as if someone was running 5000

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

worked for my 1800 mono. mtx 4360 4 channel. 320 4 channel. 600 watt 1 channel.

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

American bass 1280.4 mids and highs amp

aq hdc3 12

2.4 cube net box, tuned to 34 and 14.4 inches of port per cube

hahah yall are so complicated! loli just picked up the bars and slapped em in place, and ran the wires to my box terminal! Oh the ease of having a small system... ^_^:pardon:

I can post pics of mine tonight if you want.

2001 Dodge Ram

Kenwood Deck

Pioneer speakers

hahah yall are so complicated! loli just picked up the bars and slapped em in place, and ran the wires to my box terminal! Oh the ease of having a small system... ^_^:pardon:

I can post pics of mine tonight if you want.

thats what i did. but i also had a small system when i did it. like 400-500rms. lol

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

Archived