Second Skin Audio

need box design for sa 12 4 ohm

I currently have a sundown sa 12 4 ohm, and im wanting to put it in a tline box, i have 6.4 cubic ft of air space so thts ok, my max demnsions are highth 16, depth 18, length 48... it says to be tuned at 30 hrtz but idk... please help me, i cant go much longer without bass.

Here is a design suggestion for a single SA-12 tuned a bit higher, it will still hit low and be a bit louder than the 30Hz setting:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 32 Hz

Vb = 1,75 ft^3

Subwoofer Mounting = Front Mounted

External Height = 15 in

External Width = 33,65 in

External Depth = 12 in

Port Width = 2 in

Cut List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Front = 30 7/8 x 13 1/2

Back = 33 5/8 x 13 1/2

Left & Right Sides:

Side 1 = 11 1/4 x 13 1/2

Side 2 = 10 1/2 x 13 1/2

Top & Bottom = 33 5/8 x 12

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 8 1/2 x 13 1/2

Extension = 24 5/16 x 13 1/2

Here is how it assembles:

SamplePorted.png

do you know how high on db meter this would round about hit, just estimating?

As everyone will tell you, it's impossible to guess numbers. Too many factors are involved, like vehicle, orientation of the box, box rise, tuning, power to the sub, loading of the sub. There's no way to tell you how loud something will be on a meter. And if you wanted a T-line, I'd suggest Skar VVX-12. They have a super low Fs and I'd love to see one in a T-line.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

check this one out. i made it for bigsix, but i think it works in your dimensions. tuned to 30hz.

GOOD LUCK CUTIING THIS FUCKER LOLOLOLOL

p.s. if you don't have sketchup, download it and watch the beginners tutorial. it's free.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

A coarse estimate for an average cabin sized car would be in the lower 120s around tuning frequency and at rated power (600W RMS) as predicted by modelling software, real world results are a different thing..

I'm sorry but please don't give out false information. With the last 2 posts I can tell you shouldn't be giving this guy advice. You just gave him dimensions for a slot ported box when he asked for a t-line. Then you told him your box would be louder. How do you know it will be louder? Do you have the exact same vehicle, power, sub, electrical, and have tried a t-line compared to that box? Then you tell him he'll be doing mid 20's on the termlab? Really dude?

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

A coarse estimate for an average cabin sized car would be in the lower 120s around tuning frequency and at rated power (600W RMS) as predicted by modelling software, real world results are a different thing..

I'm sorry but please don't give out false information. With the last 2 posts I can tell you shouldn't be giving this guy advice. You just gave him dimensions for a slot ported box when he asked for a t-line. Then you told him your box would be louder. How do you know it will be louder? Do you have the exact same vehicle, power, sub, electrical, and have tried a t-line compared to that box? Then you tell him he'll be doing mid 20's on the termlab? Really dude?

I just threw in something easy to build..just in case... if the OP decides to dismiss the suggestion that's fine with me.

You quoted my post but I GUESS you missed this:

"as predicted by modelling software, real world results are a different thing"

Edited by Joe X