How to make "mud"?

Im fiberglassing my door panels and ive seen people make mud before, basically what im asking is what do i mix to the bondo so that i could apply it with say a paintbrush?

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

Ive heard of making a "milkshake" mixture. Which is bondo and resin. But you mix that after you bondo your doors, and instead of sanding it all down to be even, you poor it on the piece and it will flow over evenly.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

mud is water and dirt.

ive heard mud referred to in this sense as just applying the filler. its a very vague term.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

mud is water and dirt.

ive heard mud referred to in this sense as just applying the filler. its a very vague term.

haha i should have expected this from you nate... lol but wanting to apply the bondo with a paintbrush.. i read 1 part bondo to 1 part resin. and add both hardeners.. makes it easy to brush on. and not as much sanding in the long run

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

This exact question was asked not long ago I think, probably couple pages back. Then again maybe it was on another forum. Whatever don't matter lol.

Anyways what you are referring to is called a 'milkshake' like said already. Usually just resin and bondo mixed. Slap some body filler in a mixing cup then add a little resin. Mix it up good, keep adding resin until you get it how you want. Then just add MEKP to it and mix it in, then apply. No need for the cream hardner.

IMO its not needed, just spread filler on by itself. Use a rasp in green stage to knock down the majority of the filler. Wait till filler cures and sand away. The use of a rasp saves a lot of time.

I was told to use duraglass instead of bondo.. heard it bonds stronger

I use rage gold extreme.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

• 1 month later...

Dude you can buy it at home depot/ lowes its called fiber bondo I think its in the glue section

next to the bondo its like 13$a im using it atm on my doors and a pillars. It cures super fast like 5-10min sand it down with 80grit

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator