i think i might have a broken dd-1 :(

hey every one have a quick question well i was having issues with my bass amp the other day and when to reset the gains with my dd-1 on track 40hz -15 db and it said there was distortion so i backed the gains down on my eq and it still said distortion while it was picking up the signal so i hooked up my mids amp and turned the eq on the amp off and the gains all the way down and any time i play any of the tracks 0db 1khz or 40hz it still said i had distortion any time it showed the signal. i only have a ipod hooked up to the eq and then rcas from the eq to the amps mids and highs also bass..

also when i first got my dd-1 i set the gains correctly with the same settings same ipod and amp and it showed no distortion when i first set the gains..any ideas? id be willing to send it back to get it checked out ?? maybe its my ipod or eq?

id tend to believe you didnt have everything flat first and that something is dirty as hell in your signal.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

uh, just gonna state the obvious. did you check max volume on the head unit first?

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

subsonic is all the way down? that should be up. same with the frequency. You want to let everything through. did you change any bass or treble settings or anyhting like that? have you checked to make sure loud isnt on or anything like that? if you have nothing turned up and getting distortion its not at the amp. Its in the signal to it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

ipods clip easily. and if that is the source of the audio file you are just sending clipped singals through everything.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

subsonic is all the way down? that should be up. same with the frequency. You want to let everything through. did you change any bass or treble settings or anyhting like that? have you checked to make sure loud isnt on or anything like that? if you have nothing turned up and getting distortion its not at the amp. Its in the signal to it.

yeah i dont have loud on the ipod its on off for eq. and the clarion is on flat..

also straight from the manual says

3. Turn the crossover frequency control to it’s

highest frequency setting

4. If you have an infrasonic filter (sometimes

erroneously called Subsonic filter) control or

switch, set it to it’s lowest frequency setting or

“off”

ipods clip easily. and if that is the source of the audio file you are just sending clipped singals through everything.

while this is true and i agree with you why when i had first set my system up the ipod did not (clip) nor did my buddys ipad in a different car i might have him come down and check his system maybe its my eq.. or ipod as others have said :ughdunno:

so the ipod is not connected with the usb cord, it's the ipod that's clipping.

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback